• fresco
    The fact that the 'gas laws' also involve 'proportionality' is the only salient point above as neither physical situation, (predicting gas behaviour, or electrical behaviour) has anything to do with each other, or the sharing of apples. And whereas it is also the case the first two involve all 'levels of measurement' (nominal, ordinal, interval and ratio), this incidently underscores the point that they both depart from the third, which at best goes as far as 'ordinal' since neither apples nor persons are standardised.

I rest my case. I suggest further analysis would be attempting to milk a dead cow !
  • frank
    Your answer is like answering the question, "How long is a piece of string?", by answering that it's twice as long as half of its length. It tries to be clever by looking for a loophole, but just misses the point.S

Probably. I think you were being a little sexist toward fresco, though.
  • S
    Probably. I think you were being a little sexist toward fresco, though.frank

Haha, funny.
  • frank
    :wink:
  • frank
    The fact that the 'gas laws' also involve 'proportionality' is the only salient point above as neither physical situation, (predicting gas behaviour, or electrical behaviour) has anything to do with each other,fresco

It's the same scientific model. Potential=kinetic x resistance. Ohm's law, Poisseuse's law. This isn't controversial.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet