• VagabondSpectre
    It seems fairly apparent now that Trump's campaign is a goner.

It turns out that that sex and the condoning of vague sexual aggression is the worst thing that could possibly happen... I mean, I guess you can condone fisticuffs between your followers and your opponent's followers, brag about being able to randomly shoot someone in the head and not lose any political support, advocate carpet bombing whole cities, murdering the families of suspected terrorists, marking or banishing people based on religion, and restricting the free press, and it doesn't really bother anyone...

Just a little bit of sex related scandal though, and uh oh, we got us a pussy grabber folks; a grabber of pussies. He just randomly grabs pussies! Who'da'thunk it? Yep. This all checks out. Nothing to see here folks, nothing at all. Go home everyone, forget about it. There's absolutely nothing interesting to see here whatsoever. *Nods several times and bows. Exit's stage:left*
  • VagabondSpectre
    It's pretty much a sure thing at this point right? We need to buckle up and accept the fact that it's Hillary's turn. How history will remember her presidency is not yet known, but the social ramifications will spread far. I can already imagine the nursery rhymes sung to the babies which will be named after her:

Hillary Hillary Bo Billary -
    Banana Fana So Sillary -
    She Shy Sho Shillery!
    Hillary!
  • swstephe
    It's pretty much a sure thing at this point right?VagabondSpectre

I don't know, there is still a glimmer of a chance. First, the public have mass attention-deficit disorder, people have mostly forgotten much bigger scandals that have also come out of Trump's mouth. Despite media reporting on this scandal 24-hours a day, some of the Republicans that abandoned Trump are coming back to him. Many Evangelical leaders, who have the ears of many, refuse to abandon him. On the other side, a lot on the left are saying the same thing, that Trump has no chance of winning, so now they aren't forced to vote for Hillary, so they could be thinking of voting 3rd party or write-in candidate, (apparently Vermont has a good chance of going to a write-in Bernie challenge). The state of Maine has been held up as how several left-leaning candidates spoiled their governor elections so they ended up with a huge racist, bigoted governor that most people want to get rid.

What is a bit more worrying is the occasional mentions of an attempt at voter suppression or even an outright revolt. Even showing up at voting boots wearing something like red shirts or Trump t-shirts is illegal in many states. There was the plot to blow up a mosque and kill the mostly-Somali worshippers on November 9th, (why does the media refuse to use the words "white nationalist radical"?).

Anyway, a Hillary presidency would probably be a "lame duck" presidency for the first few years. It looks like Republicans will dominate both houses and they will most likely try all the same stunts as before to prevent her from doing anything.
  • WhiskeyWhiskers
    This isn't really a choice between the lesser of two evils anymore. It's a choice between a bog-standard career politician and a self-confessed sexual predator. If anyone has any doubts about how Jimmy Savile could get away with what he did, take a look at a Trump supporter who has heard his admissions.
  • VagabondSpectre
    I must admit I am kind of confused...

Did trump actually confess that he is a sexual predator? Or are you referring to the pussy grab remarks?
  • WhiskeyWhiskers

The two are the same thing.

I'll quote the letter published by the New York Times in response to Donal Trumps lawyers accusing them of libel after publishing claims that he sexually assaulted two women: "Mr. Trump has bragged about his non-consensual touching of women. He has bragged about intruding on beauty pageant contestants in their dressing rooms [the girls were aged between 15 and 19]. He acquiesced to a radio host's request to discuss Mr. Trump's own daughter as a "piece of ass." Nothing in our article has had the slightest effect on the reputation that Mr. Trump, through his own words and actions, has already created for himself. We publish newsworthy information about a subject of deep public concern. If Mr. Trump disagrees... we welcome the opportunity to have a court set him straight."

That about sums it up I think.

But if that wasn't enough, he also said about a 10 year old girl that he "will be dating her in 10 years". Donald Trump is literally looking at 10 year old girls and thinking he can't wait to shag them when they're legal.

He also said if he were not married, and not her father, that he would date his daughter. What the fuck is that about?

He also has said he kisses her "with every chance [he] gets".

Howard Stern, on his show said to him: "You know about sexual predators, right?" A woman off-screen interjects, "you are one!" Trumps response was to shrug his shoulders, laugh, and mouth the words "it's true".

There is also the accusation that he made inappropriate advances towards a reporter; "look at her, look at her words, you tell me what you think. I don't think so". His defense is that he didn't sexually assault this woman because she's not attractive enough for him to sexually assault.

And these are just the things he has said. But of course, Trumps defense is tantamount to "how dare you claim I did the things I claimed I did!"

There are also specific court claims made by two women that he has sexually assaulted them.

He will also face child rape charges in court.

And to top it off, we now have video and audio evidence of Trump saying you can get away with grabbing women by the pussy if you're rich and famous. We're seeing this movie all the more frequently with historic sex crimes committed by rich and powerful people.

One of the most disgusting parts of that video, beside the most obvious part, is how, after having this gross conversation behind closed doors, they step off the bus into public and his friend Billy Bush tells the woman who greets them to hug Trump. It should send a shiver down the spine of any decent person.

I understand that people are (legally) innocent until proven guilty, but the larger picture is becoming pretty clear. Anyone who defends him at this point needs to take a look in the mirror and ask themselves how exactly they become that person. And some people still think he's fit to be president, even after knowing all this.
  • VagabondSpectre
    "I don't wait; I just kiss". "When you're a celebrity they let you do anything, you can grab their pussy".

In a vacuum I'm quite willing to defend these remarks as not necessarily inherent descriptions of sexual assault, past that it might be a bit too much effort for too little gain on my part.

What does he not wait for? Written consent? [pause for eyeroll] Does he just grab any woman's pussy or only only the ones he knows will let him because they are into his money or celebrity?

I'm really not here to defend trump, but rather to just share any insights I can scrounge about how this historic election is playing out. I have no actual opinion about the legitimacy of the specific allegations made against him, and I'd prefer to let the courts decide. That said, the fact that these as yet unverified accusations, seemingly almost on their own, have been able to grind to a halt the out of control train that has been Trump ,which so far nothing else has been able to slow, raises a peculiar question about the potential impact that an allegation regarding sexual assault alone, in October, and in the right media climate, could have on the election. It also demonstrates that sex is a prime mover of scandal; a controversy among controversies. It riles us like nothing else does, and not always rationally so.

When 49 year old President Clinton began a sexual relationship with his 22 year old intern, we took it very seriously, even to the point of technically impeaching him, but now we look back on that, and on him, through some sort of biased haze that has us reckon that old Bill is just a lovable sex hound.

So here's the dilemma:

On the one hand, if Trump is in fact a rapist and an incorrigible molester then the public ought to know, both because we have a right to know who is a sexual predator according to current legal standards, and because he is running for president, and sexual predation speaks greatly about character, which many people use as a part of deciding whom to vote for.

On the other hand, if it turns out that the accusations following the pussy grabbing remarks are false or embellished greatly, then Trump will have been right to say "it's all slander and libel and I'm gonna sue them", and he would have a pretty strong case. If it turns out this way, (not that I have an opinion, just exploring the possibility), then the presidential election will have been in the end decided largely through hysteria, not politics.

If our current "democracy" was a horse, would we need to put it down?
  • Agustino
    But if that wasn't enough, he also said about a 10 year old girl that he "will be dating her in 10 years". Donald Trump is literally looking at 10 year old girls and thinking he can't wait to shag them when they're legal.WhiskeyWhiskers
    No actually in a progressive culture this is not what he's thinking at all. He's thinking that he's the alpha male if he can show he can have sex with any woman. It's the status. Not the actually doing it that he's in for.

And to top it off, we now have video and audio evidence of Trump saying you can get away with grabbing women by the pussy if you're rich and famous. We're seeing this movie all the more frequently with historic sex crimes committed by rich and powerful people.WhiskeyWhiskers
    It's true - he's just telling you the truth. Look I grew up amongst rich people. This is nothing but the truth. But of course, you ain't listening to me to stop these fucking progressives with their total lack of sexual morality, and the animals that they themselves have created like Trump. You want to destroy the STUDENT while leaving the MASTER. Trump is Hillary's apprentice. He's the apprentice of progressivism. He is the end product of that ideology. So why not let him destroy them? This is what they deserve, they should be allowed to have it.

One of the most disgusting parts of that video, beside the most obvious part, is how, after having this gross conversation behind closed doors, they step off the bus into public and his friend Billy Bush tells the woman who greets them to hug Trump. It should send a shiver down the spine of any decent person.WhiskeyWhiskers
    Have you not gone to school? That's what folks do in school all the time. I agree it's disgusting. But the progressives have taught them to behave like this. You seem to have nothing contrary to Crooked and her cronies, all of which support all these forms of sexual immorality behind closed doors. Again - this is nothing but the effect of modern progressive culture with its moral laxity with regards to sexuality. Modern culture have taught men, like Trump, that they have high status if they can shag any woman they want to. The more women they can get the higher the status. You've been teaching them this. So why are you surprised? When you heard your friend brag about how many girls he shagged, why haven't you said anything?
  • Agustino
    Look in fact, in your country of choice, the UK, one of my work colleagues (UK born and bred) was having a friend visit him - a girl he knew for a long time. And he told me that when I meet her I should give her a hug and grab her ass. That's what he told me. In no different words. It's just the truth. Now of course I didn't do it, but neither did I reprimand him - because that just is the culture there. Nothing I can do about that. You've allowed these progressives to run around mad and destroy all sexual morality. This is exactly what you get. Then when your wife cheats on you, you'll also be all fuming. But you didn't care before that you have a 1 in 2 chance of divorcing if you marry any random person. You didn't care about sexual morality - that's just the reward you get.

I've been talking about these issues day in and day out telling you. Be careful what you're doing... be careful what behaviours you're encouraging, it will affect you... but you didn't listen. You were all like "oh yeah people should be entirely free, free to do whatever, we shouldn't have the shackles of morality bind us"... this is simply what you get!

You think you have no business in the bedroom - good, then you'll get lots of Donalds. Many men in today's world are mini Donalds.
  • Michael
    Progressivism doesn't promote or condone sexual harassment or assault. Trump, however, does.
  • Agustino
    Yeah yeah it just finds it cool. It's cool to shag many women - admit it. That's what progressivism says.
  • Michael
    Promiscuity is not the same as sexual harassment or assault.
  • Agustino
    Oh noooo... promiscuity is much different >:O like Trump says in promiscuity they let you grab them by the pussy >:O
  • Michael
    Yes, it's different. There's a difference between having casual, consensual sex with a number of different women and forcing yourself on women.

So your criticism of progressivism is a strawman (it doesn't condone sexual harassment or assault) and your defence of Trump is hypocritical (he does seem to condone, and allegedly engage in, sexual harassment and assault).
  • Agustino

Look mate - you went by Yahadreas on the other forum right? you said it yourself in the other forum long ago. I remember it clearly. An orgasm is the best gift you can give someone. Why would anyone be against casual sex? If you can give such a wonderful gift to your friend. I remember it clearly. And now you're up in arms that Donald J. Trump wants to give as many women as possible this wonderful gift. The honour of receiving such a gift from the man himself! So I'm curious. Did you change your position? Is casual sex with as many women as possible no longer the ideal? And Donald J. Trump didn't rape them - they let him do it. He was very clear about that. So what happened? Where is the assault? He doesn't need to ask for permission - they let him do it - isn't that clear from what he has said?
  • Michael
    Again, there's a difference between having casual, consensual sex with a number of different women and forcing yourself on women. Trump seems to be condoning, and allegedly engaging in, the latter, not just the former, whereas I only ever talked about the former.
  • Agustino
    Again, there's a difference between having casual, consensual sex with a number of different women and forcing yourself on women. Trump's condoning, and allegedly engaging in, the latter, not just the former, whereas I only ever talked about the former.Michael
    No he's not condoning assault. He said they let him do it. He didn't say "I force them to stay while I grab them by the pussy and they try to run away from me".
  • Michael
    Jesus, you really are just in denial.
  • Agustino
    Where did he say he assaults them and forcefully has them have sex with him?
  • Agustino
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S8fKll4gGg

Look at this. She let him do it. So the guy kisses her on the lips, she gives him her phone number, and then she picks up and actually has a conversation with him and agrees to meet him much later on. My days... is this for real? Now she's upset that she let him do it. What has this culture come to... people sell themselves for nothing. She gave herself over for nothing for Trump, and now she's upset. She should be upset at herself. She says it's not what she wanted for him to kiss her on the lips. That's why she agreed to meet him AFTER THIS INCIDENT and give him her phone number right? >:O My days... What a pathetic progressive culture. We all know that she was proud that Trump kissed her. She wanted it. She only claims otherwise now because she's embarrassed she's been dumped by him, and she's using this as a way to take revenge. We all know that women and men alike extract self-esteem in this progressive culture out of their sex. So that's what she was doing as well - tell all her friends she shagged Mr. Donald J. Trump.
  • TheWillowOfDarkness

He assumes that women don't have any expression in the context. To say that "women let him" is not a statement of truth (as the women coming forward about his harassment show), but his own ignorance and abuse of the women around him. It's an assumption that any women he desires will want his attention because of his money or social position. He's not saying women "let him." He's saying women are there for him, so it's impossible they could object to his attentions. What's he's offering is not a truth of behaviour, but an assertion that women "by their nature" are their for his (and male) sexual conquest.
  • Michael
    Are you serious? She gave him the number and answered his call because she was looking for a "mentor and employer" and that "I felt as though my dream of working for Mr Trump might come true". She didn't let him kiss her or touch her or anything like that; he just allegedly went ahead and did it.

Were you even listening? Do you have selective hearing?
  • Agustino
    Are you serious? She gave him the number and answered his call because she was looking for a "mentor and employer" and that "I felt as though my dream of working for Mr Trump might come true". She didn't let him kiss her or touch her or anything like that; he just went ahead and did it.

Were you even listening? Do you have selective hearing?
    Michael
    Okay so if you're a woman okay, and a guy kisses you without your permission - regardless that he is your favorite movie star and you want a career in Hollywood - will you then give him your phone number and accept to meet him in private? >:O That's like asking to be abused. If someone does that to you and you really don't want it, then you avoid them - you stop talking to them.
  • Michael
    Okay so if you're a woman okay, and a guy kisses you without your permission - regardless that he is your favorite movie star and you want a career in Hollywood - will you then give him your phone number and accept to meet him in private? >:O That's like asking to be abused.Agustino

You really don't have any moral principles, do you? You talk about liberals being immoral and yet here you are, defending Trump's alleged sexual assault and taking the route of victim-blaming.
  • Buxtebuddha
    If someone lets me shoot them in the face, I 'spose there's nothing wrong there, amirite?
  • Agustino
    If someone lets me shoot them in the face, I 'spose there's nothing wrong there, amirite?Heister Eggcart
    Nope - I never said that. What Trump did was very wrong in fact. It's just that it wasn't wrong according to progressive culture. According to progressive culture he is the greatest of men.
  • Agustino
    You really don't have any moral principles, do you? You talk about liberals being immoral and yet here you are, defending Trump's sexual assault and taking the route of victim-blaming.Michael

If someone does that to you and you really don't want it, then you avoid them - you stop talking to them.Agustino
    So you don't avoid someone who does something like that to you and you don't like him right? You go ahead and meet them in private....
  • Michael
    It's just that it wasn't wrong according to progressive culture. According to progressive culture he is the greatest of men.Agustino

Wrong and wrong. This is a nonsense strawman. Progressivism doesn't promote or condone sexual assault.
  • Agustino
    Okay so please answer me. If someone does something like kiss you without your permission and you don't like it, do you then give them your phone number and agree to meet them in private? Is that honestly what you would do if you really don't like that they kissed you without your permission?
  • Buxtebuddha

Then why are you defending him and his conduct if he is so wrong? :-}
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.