• Ilya B Shambat
    A common criticism of the Jews is that they killed Jesus. It is time that this be responded to meaningfully.

First, Jesus asked God to forgive the people who executed him. This means that the rest of us have to do the same thing, or else be disrespectful to the will of Jesus. If Jesus wants God to forgive his executioners, then he also wants you to do the same thing; and failing to do so is disrespectful of Jesus.

Secondly, the Jews, in executing Jesus, were only following their religious law. The first commandment is “thou shalt have no gods beside me.” Jesus, in claiming to be God, committed the worst sin in the books. That is why they insisted on crucifying Jesus while letting off a murderer.

Finally, the white people want to be absolved of their crimes of slavery and colonialism. They can start by absolving the Jews of a much earlier – and much lesser – crime of killing Jesus.

Am I a Jew? Yes I am. And I want to bring sanity to this matter. The people who want to be absolved of the sins of their ancestors need to extend the same grace to others. And that means that the people whose ancestors perpetrated real crimes of slavery and colonialism need to forgive the Jews for killing Jesus.

Once that is done, it will be possible to resolve our differences in a civilized manner. And then people – both Jewish and gentile – will be able to work together to create a livable world.
  • christian2017

I agree with this completely. The Jews were fulfilling phrophecy that the savior had to be sacrificed. I always assumed you were jewish in ancestry but have converted to christianity. No wrong answer. That was just the assumption i made.

As for slavery, their is modern slavery/employment in slight form. Greed can eventually lead to slavery.

We have economic colonialism/exploitation growing in the globalist society we live in.
  • I like sushi

Once that is done, it will be possible to resolve our differences in a civilized manner. And then people – both Jewish and gentile – will be able to work together to create a livable world.

I’m not a fan of religious institutions and recognise that the term ‘gentile’ effectively means - by the doctrine of scripture - anyone who isn’t a ‘Jew’ is inferior. The same pretty much goes for most religious doctrine including Christianity and Islam. The adherence, and/or distanced reverence, to such barbarism is vile.

I also think it is massively insulting to assume anyone here would associate some hypothetical event by or ancestors as your burden of shame? I guess other equally indoctrinated people would appropriate some persons actions over 2000 years ago to who you are today.

I don’t understand this in any other way than I understand, and suffer from, the same basic stupidity of most (if not ALL) humans.

ONLY following religious law? ONLY?? Wow! I guess that’s all okay then if it is in the name of some deity? What kind of badly thought out nonsense is this? You want to bring “sanity”? The best thing to do would be to shut up I think? Or at least think before posting?

‘White people’ are not a genetic category of peoples simply due to the possession of similar phenotypes. There is MORE genetic diversity within Europeans than there is between Europeans and Africans ... did you know that? Any ‘white people’ who feel guilty about what their great, great, great, great grandparents did are clearly in need of therapy. I could just as easily say that ALL religious people are guilty of every death in a Holy War, of the stoning to death of adulterers and murder of natives during colonialism.

Be responsible for your words and actions not those of your ancestors. You have some ground to make up judging by this post.
  • S
    A common criticism of the Jews is that they killed Jesus.Ilya B Shambat

An idiotic, antisemitic, and condemnable way to put it. And don't you dare point out that you're Jewish, as though that's a get out of jail free card. You've just done a massive Kanye, and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
  • unenlightened
    Anyway, it was the Romans. And anyway Jesus was a Jew, and he didn't kill himself.
  • ssu
    Anyway, it was the Romans.unenlightened
    If I remember correctly reading the bible, it's just the gospel of Matthew that makes the astounding claim of Deicide of the Jews and the Jews taking willingly the responsibility on them and their children. Other Gospels don't tell it in this way:

So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood; see to it yourselves." And all the people answered, "His blood be on us and on our children!"

And that's how you end up with the formal reasoning based on the Bible on just why the Christ-killers should be punished by pogroms etc. (This actually shows that they were smart to have four gospels, four stories about the same event in the Bible.)

Of course it's totally logical that for a new religion that has to gain popularity among Romans in order to thrive the last thing would be: "Oh btw, your people killed the son of God."
  • unenlightened
    for a new religion that has to gain popularity among Romans in order to thrive the last thing would be: "Oh btw, your people killed the son of God."ssu

I can't find the emoticon for :Jesus wept:, so you'll have to imagine it. Political expediency would suggest that camels can get through eyes of needles and the Samaritans had weapons of mass destruction - definitely.
  • Hanover
    I find the OP a bit of a straw man to the extent there's a suggestion that current day anti-Semitism is the result of ancient accusations of the Jews having killed Jesus. As in the case of Nazi Germany, the Jews were being blamed for all sorts of societal ills, but the Nazis were not fundamentalist Christians who were trying to settle an age old dispute about messiah killing. Contemporary anti-Semitism tends toward blaming the Jews for what they are allegedly doing right now that is supposedly damaging to society.

There's also obviously anti-Jewish sentiment expressed by non-Christians as well, particularly Muslims, and even should some of those disputes have ancient origins (and clearly some have contemporary origins), they are obviously not related to the killing of the Christian messiah.

The point being that little progress will be made in alleviating modern day anti-Semitism by clarifying that the Jews didn't kill Jesus. I really don't think that's what motivates anti-Semitic behavior, and I think it drags out an obscure theological debate that no (or very, very few) Christian denominations take seriously. At any rate, the Catholic Church does not accept the position that the Jews killed Jesus. https://www.npr.org/2011/03/04/134264425/Pope-Jews-Are-Not-Responsible-For-Killing-Jesus
  • Hanover
    I can't find the emoticon for :Jesus wept:, so you'll have to imagine it.unenlightened

Baby Jesus weeping:

vrlx63k7cea2zf4x.jpg

This is why baby Jesus is my favorite Jesus:

• Maw
    Lol what the fuck is this
  • Baden

*Washes hands and leaves the scene.*
  • Shawn
    I don't know if this is psychoceramics, or not. Someone tell me how anyone could trivialize social dynamical insight into a matter of psychoprofundity and extreme stereotypical thinking.
  • Shawn
    As in the case of Nazi Germany, the Jews were being blamed for all sorts of societal ills, but the Nazis were not fundamentalist Christians who were trying to settle an age old dispute about messiah killing.Hanover

I've researched the issue about ties between the Nazi leadership and Christianity, and what I've found is that Hitler exploited Christianity to further his appeal to the German public. I'm not that aquianted with fascism and religous belief; but, I suppose Christianity was looked over much like Orthodoxy was overlooked in the USSR.

Some interesting food for thought:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/may/04/hitler-messiah-complex-secret-british-intelligence-report
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/hitler-created-fictional-persona-to-recast-himself-as-germanys-savior-180967790/
    hitlerpage10openera.jpg
    http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/gcc_politics.htm
    naziposter_01.jpg
    p_salute2.jpg
    http://alamoministries.com/content/english/Antichrist/nazigallery/photogallery.html
    NaziCoin.jpg
    p_salute.jpg
  • Shawn
    Then there are the obvious ties between Nazi Germany and their reification of the Holy Roman Empire, along with their crusade against the Jews.

https://www.quora.com/If-the-Roman-Empire-was-the-First-Reich-and-Nazi-Germany-was-the-Third-what-was-the-Second-Reich
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment