• TheMadFool
    I've seen many elections being fought over issues such as unemployment, crime rates, economy, etc. These can make/break a party in democracy, or any other form of government for that matter, and they are sold by both/all sides to the public who lap it up and make their voting decisions based on what is said to them by politicians.

This maybe too simplistic an analysis as I'm not that interested in politics but the point I want to make is this: generally governments are in office for five to six years. This time frame is too short for any policy by a new government to have an effect in the areas of employment, crime rates, or the economy, etc. So, any claim by a party that they had a positive impact or that another party had a negative one in these areas is likely improbable and even false.

What say you?
  • hachit
    I say one it is 4 to 6 years. Secondly depending on the democracy, it may be theredical possible to hold the position as long as you live.

However the point your trying to make is that the party will came they made a "good" policy even if it wasn't there policy that made it the result happen. On that point I can agree.
  • Shamshir
    This time frame is too short for any policy by a new government to have an effectTheMadFool
    But that's people dependent, not government dependent.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment