• Devans99
    False. You are simply redefining the cosmological model I defined. Here's an article by a physicists that explains why the world must be fundamentally quantum mechanical:Relativist

There is at least 10^53 kg of matter in the observable universe. That needs a macro explanation involving causality not a micro explanation. The most successful cosmological theory we have is the Big Bang and it is a macro theory. I await a macro explanation of your theory. You have not even explained where the matter comes from. Also:

- Natural process always occurs in pluralities. The creation event was a singleton; that means it is not natural
    - Natural processes tend to classical equilibrium; not to a Big Bang
    - Natural processes do not start out in a classically low entropy state (I do not buy the Many Worlds interpretation).
    - Natural processes do not result in a fine tuned universe

Your preferred theory seems complex and relies on a lot of hypotheticals. It flaunts the fundamental principle of equilibrium. Its far from Occam's Razor. I am afraid it is not high on my list of possibilities.
  • Relativist

Be sure to contact Alexander Vilenken and let him know he's wasting his time.

Thanks for the discussion.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.