• Rafael
    Hello there curious reader!

I am about to write a philosophical book but am having a difficult putting everything together on my own hence the reason for this post.

Write me a PM if you are interested in learning more.
  • Joseph Walsh
    Have you tried reading all of philosophy and made notes on their work?

You may have one solid and original idea. But you need to read a lot of philosophy first before you start to create your own philosophy.

You should read and read. And most original ideas are kind of a random assortment of other ideas. So use other people's work for your philosophy to boost the length. Remember: it is not a 100 meter dash writing a philosophy more like a marathon that could take years to work out.
  • Grre
    I always describe to people that philosophy is like LEGO, building your own ideas/conceptions out of other people's ideas and conceptions. The creativity aspect of philosophy is what attracts me so much to it in the first place...but it does require denizens of reading and research....and then more research, and then kind of going back and re-doing some of your other work ect.

What kind of 'book on philosophy' were you planning on writing? If you don't want to explain it here you are welcome to PM me and I'd b happy to help where I could, I have some time on my hands the next few weeks.
  • Balakrishnan
    In one famous conversation ( reported by Jean Wahl, among others) in Paris - it was considered that you could look upon an apricot cocktail on the cafe table in front of you and build a philosophical account of Reality from there.

Our experience of air can be a start - we feel the breeze on our skin and when it's going through our hair ( on the scalp, if one's bald!), and then it's getting pulled into our lungs, and is expelled back in an automatic way.

Attending and becoming more keenly aware of air - invisible, apparently non-material, and almost attribute-less - which as breath is our primary sign of life, it should be possible to embark on an authentic exploration.

After fifty pages, you could always refer to some Milesians who defined Air as the fundamental element of the Universe, and eastern and other philosophies who have theories and doctrines around it - but a proper start would be with one's own direct, uninfluenced examination which cannot be substituted by study of other scholars, regardless of how revered they are.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.