• Nobody
    Why my thread got deleted ?! Please answer some of the moderators. Thanks!!

• BC
    I'm not a moderator. My guess is that one of the moderators thought it was too stupid to keep.

I thought your post was moderately interesting. Here's my response.

I can't deny that I suffer from sadistic compulsive thoughts.Nobody

Go directly to your therapist. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Stepping on ants, discovering that one can kill them with the magnifying glass one is examining them with, spreading poison around their ant hills, spraying RAID on hornet nests--all that is one thing. Taking great pleasure in these acts crosses over the borderline between normal/abnormal. Healthy individuals develop altruism as they grow up, such that they might still wipe out insects out of a sense of necessity, but it isn't a pleasurable act. One might catch fish on a hook, shoot squirrels with a .22, bring down geese and ducks with a shotgun, kill a deer with a rifle, and derive pleasure from the success of the effort, but still not revel in the death of the pike, the squirrel, the duck, or deer.

See the difference?

Pleasure in power... Henry Kissinger, foreign policy advisor to President Nixon, said that power was the ultimate aphrodisiac. Let's leave god out of this. We're talking primate psychology here.

Some people do have the power of life and death over people, never mind ants, and they usually want to hold onto it. This is a feature of human personality, which manifests itself to a much greater degree in some people than others. Those 'others' aren't mysterious rarities -- they are our political, military, and corporate masters. They have power and from what I can gather, they like it.

As long as you stick to ants, you probably won't be too dangerous. Even so, just leave the ants alone.
  • Baden

Your discussion was deleted due to low quality.
  • BC
    It was not a superb post, true enough. But it was good enough to lead me to think about pleasure and power. Maybe Nobody could rewrite it?
  • Nobody
    It's not low quality. Maybe the way i put it was too rude and Kinda trolly. But I'm asking a serious queastion " why evil feels Good?..why harming others for no reason feels Good?..
  • Baden
    Maybe Nobody could rewrite it?Bitter Crank

I agree. No-one can rewrite it.
  • Baden

Ok, but you need to put that more philosophically for it to work in the philosophical discussions.
  • Nobody
    Yes i put philosophically. I gave examples. As For the sick example that i gave about the ants..i know it's so sick..i never did it..but my brain does give me this thought sometimes.
  • Baden

You can PM me another draft if you like and I'll take a look. Try to clean up the formatting too, please.
  • Baden
    And have a look around at some of the other OPs to see the standard expected. Even if you have a good basic idea, you need to put some effort into the execution.
  • Nobody
    I need to discuss this queastion please. I'm serious . Sadisicm is the enjoyment of doing evil or causing suffering to other entities..why is it that way?!!..philosphicaly speaking I want to figure it out. What is so pleasurable about evil?!.
    English is not my first language btw.
  • Baden
    No, not the execution of the ants. :fire: Hands off that magnifying glass now.
  • Baden

Ok, just PM the draft first. Put a little more effort in please. That's all that's being asked.
  • Nobody
    Lol ..that was just an example to give an idea. But in general..why does this have to be pleasurable in the first place?
  • Nobody
    I didn't tidy philosophy in university. I'm just a normal guy . I enjoy reading to philosophers like Kant and Descartes and shopenheor etc..should I be a scientist to have the right to post here?
  • Nobody
    I thought this forum supports free speech.
  • BadenAccepted Answer
    Look, it's up to you. I think the request to put a little more effort in is reasonable. We do have standards here and they're not all that demanding really. We're not going to delete your OP because of a few grammar mistakes. But content, tone, and formatting matter.
  • Nobody
    To clarify..i will never burn ants alive..this is just a compulsive thought that hits me sometimes. And I'm not afraid to admit that. I know this is part of human psychology. I know that every human being must have had similar thoughts. Can anyone please answer my queastion?!..why sadistic desires exist ?!.
    Note; I'm not talking about the strive for survival..like killing animals to feed ourself. I'm talking about harming others just for the sake of harming them.!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.