• Despues Green
    Hello,

I am trying to make this as little about my past and onto the actual point of what I am saying, but I promise it all comes together, so bear with me, please:

I, like many others, have endured an incredibly tumultuous past filled with neglect, abuse, etc. that created a sort of Social Isolation. Social Isolation being the default of constantly being shut out by those around me. Regardless, I've been able to independently nurture my skills and abilities and am still very good at Social Interactions, and I've never not gotten a job that I could get an interview for.

Notice how that is phrased:

"... that I could get an interview for."

I had my first job at 16 working as a server in a nursing home, that lasted about four months. Since then, I have only had four other jobs out of the hundreds I've applied for.

I am 20 years old now.

The way that I see Reality is that there are two worlds that we must find success in: the Material World and the Spiritual World. I'll describe them briefly:

Spiritual World
    Humans and Mother Earth have this Harmonic relationship of working together. Its beauty touches us and it gives us a Home to live on. Perhaps the greatest thing that separates Humans from any other organism is our incredible imagination skills. Nothing keeps our Imaginations alive like our innate Passions, which we are all born with.

Material World
    The Earth has provided us a canvas -- our imaginations and bodies being the paintbrushes to manifest our Spiritual "unearthings" (there are definitely better words for this, but I'm having a hard time).

In the Spiritual World, I have found much wealth. I have found my Passions, I have been nurturing my skills and abilities, and have achieved eudaimonia (a word that I only just learned about today, but pretty well describes how I feel about my Life from a Spiritual standpoint, as it matters.)

However, in the Material world, I have struggled very much. Submitting countless job applications, not getting responses, People thinking I am a know-it-all or egoistic for a reason that even they have extreme difficulty describing how, resulting in bitter relationships of all kinds from one simple conversation regardless of how everything else went.

I have read through a number of the threads here and I am pleased to be surrounded by People who think of some of the same topics that I think about on a day-to-day basis. I wonder, though, if any of you, with your vast Knowledge and Wisdom experience the seeming Societal Isolation and Material Suffering that I am experiencing. Or if you can relate and have found your way out, what adjustments did you make?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.