• kostas
    Now let me try to articulate on what I mean by the title. My arguments are , eventually, based on intuition. But what do I mean by intuition? So, I claim that every one of us has the ability to know and grasp the essence of things, but in a peculiar way. The way we do this is by intuition, but by not intuiting the thing in itself , as it has been so many times proposed as an alternative to the Kantian epistemology, but by intuiting the idiomorphic structure of the thing in itself. In order to do that, though, I need to expand my thoughts on the Idiomorphism , that I observe exists in the human mind.

Moreover, I suggest that every one's thought has a unity. Namely, that is attracted to attain knowledge , which itself, has a unity. If we were to kind of degenerate what I am saying we could posit the following thesis : There exists a mathematical type of thought which has the propensity to acquire knowledge ONLY as a mathematical one. So, if we were to transfer this person to a different kind of field ( Philosophy) he wouldn't have the capacity to understand what's going on , as due to the idiomorphic structure of mathematics , there is no way he could get philosophical knowledge.

As you can see , I am talking about a type of compatibility between what I am inclined to know and the nature of the thing in itself. Actually, we could just talk about Idiomorphism and say that a thing in itself ( for example the theory of relativity) and a person share a common characteristic : they have an Idiomorphic structure built within them that they try to express constantly, with each kind in a different way , a way which is correlated, of course, to the Idiomorphic structure that it has. So, we are intuiting the peculiarity of the proposition 2+2=4 and not the proposition itself.

But what about the validity of what I am saying? There is no exception, of course. In order to grasp what I am saying and if we suppose that that's actually the case , you need to have the commensurate Idiomorphic structure . And if you find no reason to believe this , you simply don't have the Idiomorphic structure that is needed in order to do so. Of course, there exists a margin of error and falsity , as I can't be sure that its true.

I am aware of the fact that I need to analyse what I want to say , but I think it is a start.

I am open to any kind of criticism!
  • I like sushi
    Not sure what you mean or exactly what you mean by “intuition” when you refer to Kant. Kant meant something quite explicit by “intuition,” that being space and time as a kind of prerequisite/canvas upon which thoughts are painted (excuse the use of analogy please!)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.