• Terrapin Station

Are the irrelevancies something other than that which informs potential action?
  • g0d
    the greatest problem is thinking there is a real problem to begin with.Merkwurdichliebe

Well said. This is how I take my Heidgenstein. The old masters did deal with genuine life problems, though, I would say. So your critique applies to a certain kind of obsessive digression that happens when folks get lost in dictating an ideal language.
  • fresco
    [reply="Terrapin Station;298744"
    Of course ! Languaging, like any other form of behavior can operate like a bodily habit (as in circling thoughts ), or merely for attention seeking
  • Terrapin Station

So then there is something else other than that which informs potential action.
  • luckswallowsall
    Facts about subjectivity are only subjective in the sense that they're facts about subjectivity. They're still objective in the sense that they're a fact. After all, subjects are just one kind of object: one with consciousness.
  • Terrapin Station

You're thinking of "fact" as something like "true statement." (Otherwise saying "facts about" would make no sense.)

If we use "fact" in the "state of affairs" sense, there can be subjective facts, in that its an ontological property of the fact that it's subjective.
  • g0d
    Facts about subjectivity are only subjective in the sense that they're facts about subjectivity. They're still objective in the sense that they're a fact. After all, subjects are just one kind of object: one with consciousness.luckswallowsall

I think I understand and agree. It is (roughly) true or false that Gary was thinking about pizza at a particular moment.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.