• frank
    Which is more important? The well-being of you and your family or doing something to limit your ecological impact? I'm just contemplating the ethics of it when a choice is required. Where no choice is required, I assume there's nothing to discuss.

Below is a video about a house made from plastic waste. It's more expensive than a regular house. Imagine that you're contemplating buying one, but when you look at your finances, you realize the consequences of buying it. Since it costs more than a regular house, you'll have to give up saving for your daughter's education. Or it will impinge on your retirement investing.

How would you weigh the options? Which is more important? Can it be made into an ethical question? I expect all responders to reject the premise, and that's interesting too. What's the basis for rejecting it entirely?

• I like sushi
    Easy peasy! Educating young women is known to be the most beneficial thing to do for the human race.
  • frank
    Easy peasy! Educating young women is known to be the most beneficial thing to do for the human race.I like sushi

Holy shit, that's true. Educated women have fewer children.
  • I like sushi
    Yep. Wasn’t making it up ;)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.