• unenlightened
    We'd be over-run with cranks and crackpot theories. There's a lot of it about and it is very vocal. Even a second-rate gardener has to do the weeding and hope not to pull up all the plants he wants to keep.
  • Baden

As it happens, I have a degree (Zoology) in the field in question. And with regard to your earlier complaints about me correcting your language, I have a degree in that too and have taught at universities up to Master's level in the field. Not that, as @fdrake mentioned, any of those qualifications would be necessary to delete pseudoscience or correct your egregious mistakes, and not that your complaints are anything more than silly appeals to authority.

You can take your foot out of your mouth now.
  • fdrake
    Does anyone want to hang any staff about this decision or can I close this thread? We're just having the argument in feedback rather than the Lounge thread.
  • unenlightened
    Everyone who wants to talk about it still can, just we won't have anything about this ridiculous crap on the front page.fdrake

And that is about as good a compromise as can be expected of controversial stuff.
  • Terrapin Station
    We'd be over-run with cranks and crackpot theories.unenlightened

I'd have to see some evidence that we're getting tens of "crank and crackpot" threads that moderators are deleting daily. It's a pretty dubious claim.
  • fdrake
    Going once... Going twice...
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.