• wax
    part of the lyrics from the Michael Jackson song 'Billie Jean"

I have for a while pondered this lyric and think there is a lot of truth to it.

I wonder what lead Michael Jackson to write this, and I also wonder what mechanism exist for this lyric to have some truth to it.

Why would a lie become the truth? Is it because the universe takes the lie to be true and the way it reacts to that position forces the statement in the lie to become real..? I don't know.
  • Daniel V
    The fact that no one has answered in 17 days should give you an idea as to the resonance of it. It blows a fuse for many. :smile:

Daniel V

sitesetis.com
  • leo
    I would say, if you pretend to be someone you're not, people eventually see you and treat you as who you pretend to be, rather than who you are.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Why would a lie become the truth? Is it because the universe takes the lie to be true and the way it reacts to that position forces the statement in the lie to become real..? I don't know.wax

wax!!!!!! from PF?
    For what it is worth, I have a fair belief in that a 'lie' can become and often does become the truth. And yes, I think that to a degree the universe is at play here. Take for instance calling into work because you are "sick" when in reality you really are heading to Vegas for an extended weekend.
    Do you actually become sick after the outing?
    What does reality flesh out for you?

For me? I am better off saying I need a "personal" day than calling in "sick" because inevitably when I did call in sick, I GOT sick!
    Coincidence?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.