• Brett
    Just wondering what happened to my post “Is climate change real?” I can’t find it.
  • Brett
    Strange. I just found it. I’m confused.
  • Brett
    Now it’s gone again. I can’t even find it on search.
  • BC
    Hey, you found the lost post in two minutes. You are not, apparently, all that confused.
  • Baden
    I deleted it because it wasn't a very well written or clear OP, didn't seem to be going anywhere, and your last post was, and I quote "I regret starting this".
  • Brett
    Okay.

But not well written; in what sense?
  • Baden

Not in the sense of command of the language or anything. That was totally fine. But I think paragraphs like this:

"So, is Climate Change real or could it be a collective unconscious archetype sprung to life from our unconscious understanding that things here on earth have to change, that will, one way or another, compel change."

Require elaboration with regard to theoretical underpinnings and so on. Otherwise, there'll be confusion, which there was, and other posters won't answer along the lines you'd like (which is maybe why you regretted starting the OP in the first place?)
  • Brett
    Yes, I regretted it because I felt it was going to get stuck on whether climate change was real or not.

So if I had elaborated on Jungian ideas of collective consciousness, would that have made a difference?
  • Baden

I think so, and I think it would have been better if you'd put that in the title too. As you said yourself in the conversation, the title was misleading.
  • Baden
    You can redo it if you like.
  • Brett
    Yes, I did realise I’d made a mess of the whole thing. Cheers.

I’ll think about redoing it.
  • Baden

No worries. :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.