• Deletedaccountfb
    The following is a collection of axioms addressing the properties of Mind and its nature; its origin, development, and its general aim. Before we can investigate the particular elements of Mind, we must first construct a definition for “Mind”. The signified object which I seek to convey through “Mind” is that which perceives itself as itself, and has come to recognize itself as “I”. Mind, most importantly, is the sole entity that knows-itself, through only itself.
    §1
    Mind is immaterial; not a product of brain, rather an entity which works in tandem with its material counterpart. The brain is nothing more than the knot which fastens the Mind to its immediate object, the body.
    §1.1
    Mind is an eternal object. Its Intentionality, its gaze, its awareness, are outside of the physical-rootedness of concrete actuality. Mind resides in an ethereal plane dominated by neither the limitations of time nor space.
    §1.2
    Mind is that which creates itself, from-itself, through-itself, by-itself, for-itself.
    §1.3
    Mind is, and always will be, in a state of becoming.
    §1.4
    Mind’s becoming is its being.
    §1.5.1
    Mind actuates through the dialectical sublation of its “past” embodiment by its coming “future” embodiment. Mind, being an evolving, amorphic synergism, is encapsulated within its present-less self; in a nebulous, undefined apparition of “becoming”.
    §1.5.2
    The schematization of the “becoming” Mind is an autotrophic, self-sustaining process by which the “forthcoming Mind” consumes its “former incarnation” in the immediate moment through a current of reflective, dialectical concretion. After becoming enclosed within its future self, Mind retains the spirit, the shadow, of its past incarnation despite its consumption by its “ever-passing future”.
    §1.5.3
    The Mind, while not possessing a determinate, fixed present--as it is constantly sublating itself in a process of crystallization--does have an origin from which it unfolds: the reflection upon “I”; the recognition of “the Self” as Subject. Up until the subjective discovery of “I”, the individual possesses a consciousness without reference, embodying neither the idea of Subject nor Object. In that absence of any knowledge of Subject and Object, there is an abstract unity that forms between the two, they become one in the same.
    §1.5.4
    The Mind-less individual exists in dreamlike haze which they are unable to recall later in life after they acquire the indispensable knowledge of the dichotomy of the Subject and the Object. That period of passive reception, the time of the Subjectless-Self, is--perhaps paradoxically--a manifestation of the Unity of the Subject and the Object; the two opposing categories are rendered non-existent through their Oneness. It is that Oneness which the Mind seeks to return to; its desire to return into the arms of Being is ever-present and unshakable.
    §1.6
    The well-tempered Mind, after emerging from an undefined point of reference, seeks to actuate itself from the moment of the discovery of its own self-consciousness through a dialectical, corrective, and ever-changing web of meaningful connectivity linking itself to-itself, its meta-objects, while simultaneously weaving an arras upon which external reality presents itself.
    §1.6.1
    Mind’s unconscious activity is the dynamic evolution through exploration of-itself and ordering of-itself, by-itself into systems, networks, and schemas in an effort to structure an ontology, a complete metaphysical system for-Mind; whereby the Mind returns a state where the Subject and Object are unified and thus negated.
    §1.7
    Mind, as-itself, is unable to be articulated into the concrete; neither visual, audial, nor linguistic media do it justice in its entirety. This places those hoping to construct concrete representations of Mind in a difficult and undesirable position. Understanding of Mind must be undertaken through subjective phenomenological investigation to capture Mind’s properties and decipher its meta-objects.
    §1.7.1
    Mind is forever present-in, yet forever hidden-behind its own creations, unable to penetrate through the concrete barrier which it constructs upon its own recognition of itself.
    §1.8
    Mind has the tendency to direct its attention to the horizon, the external, the unknown, driven by the possibility of encountering an novel Object which may give a respite or protection from the disjunctive chaos devouring him from within: itself. Such an fanciful event will never come to into fruition, and the futility of such alienating practices should be done away with and Mind’s passion must be redirected towards the realization of Mind as-itself.
    §1.9
    Mind seeks to annihilate its own consciousness.
    §1.9.1
    Mind’s annihilation of itself is its unification with its Being.
    §1.10
    Mind’s contortion of itself into a Complete System is its most fundamental desire.
    §1.10.1
    Mind achieves its Complete System once Mind realizes that its own desire for its Completion is that Grand Sphere which circumscribes Mind’s struggle for staticity. That Grand Sphere is the “being” encompasses the Mind’s journey of “becoming”.
  • Deletedaccountfb
    This is an older piece of writing, so I might end up scrapping it altogether.
  • Terrapin Station
    Well, I do agree with 1.3, simply because I believe that everything is dynamic. And I agree with 1.7

The rest either I disagree with or I think it's ridiculous word salad.
  • Deletedaccountfb
    Please elaborate. And I’ll address your issues.
  • Terrapin Station
    I'm not going to type thousands of words in one post to address a bunch of different points. One thing at a time. So from the beginning:

The signified object which I seek to convey through “Mind” is that which perceives itself as itself, and has come to recognize itself as “I”. Mind, most importantly, is the sole entity that knows-itself, through only itself.Fobidium

I don't define "mind" as something that only involves self-awareness/an idea of an "I." Simple consciousness is sufficient, as is any emotion, desire, etc.
  • Aadee

The sparrow in my front yard has a brain and is conscious, yet for my part I would hesitate to say it has a mind.
    So although I agree in general w/ your critique I wonder? Can you can reduce your own consciousness
    to the same level and still account for "you"?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.