• Reverie of Renaissance
    Hello! My hope for this discussion is for anyone who has knowlage or insight on the physical manifestation of energy through a spiritual or mental reserve to share their thoughts. Ever since I was a young child, I felt connected to something I couldn't understand. It does not feel like an entity, rather a connection to a vast flowing network. As a young child, I was in a constant state of overstimulation, for I could feel every sound. Feel every sight. In grade school, I could feel when others were in a state of pain, loss, or depression. I later found that my personality type was said to contribute to my feeling of being connected to people. INFJ. On top of that, I was diagnosed with ADHD and HSP. (Both common with my personality type.) It was not till highschool that I felt truly different. I learned to control the stimulation in my chest, and send jolts of nerve energy to my arms and hands at will. (Similar to having your hand fall asleep.) At first this was just a cool thing I did to pass the time at school. Then track and field came. My coach had us do over the head throwing drills for shotput. He asked me to give it a try. (I am not the strongest person). I focused the energy from my chest to my core and hands, and let it build up using breathing techniques. When I threw it, the coach told me that I threw it faster than anyone he has ever met before. That realy confused me. I thought, "How does speed affect shotput" With his guidance, I soon learned how to push the shot out to distances rivaling the huskier throwers from just my sudden jolt of speed. I realy want to know if anyone has similar experiences, and I hope that someone who has experience with this can share what else they can do. Feel free to express yourself!
  • Amity
    My hope for this discussion is for anyone who has knowlage or insight on the physical manifestation of energy through a spiritual or mental reserve to share their thoughts.Reverie of Renaissance

'A physical manifestation of energy' - isn't that simply an act, bodily sensation, movement or behaviour ?
    'Through a spiritual or mental reserve - what do you mean by this ? Do you see a difference between the spiritual and the mental?

I think all of us have a source of energy or power of some description which enables us in some way or other. At the most basic, it is physical: food, water. Nutrients which supply the brain. Important for all functioning.

It sounds like you think you have extra special powers of connection to a 'vast flowing network'. Some do feel a strong sense of oneness at times; other times there might be a sense of alienation because of feeling different. Perhaps some have a stronger sense of empathy than others. That might be aligned to personality, belief system or mental health. Or life experience.
    The mind can exert a powerful influence...

Your '( examples from across the world)' - I am sure there are plenty stories out there of extraordinary feats of mind over matter.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.