• Athena
    I think at the beginning of a New Year many of us ponder what is important and what do we want to change and what do we want to preserve?

I figure in about a year from now I will move into a more affordable and smaller apartment and that means shrinking the size of my library. I literally love my books and thank the people who wrote them. My old books keep me in touch with the people who wrote them when history was being made. That means I think about the past and present and future.

We discuss if our country is going to hell in a handbasket, or if technology has improved our lives. I am wondering what from the past do we want to keep and what should we let go of to have the new? For example, can we keep past virtues or does our technology so change society that we need to dump old values for new ones? Laugh, for me, this is really a decision about what books I keep or let go of and what life lessons do I transfer to the children? How you weigh the past with the present and future?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.