• Lif3r
    Have you seen it? New Movie on Netflix. Very interesting in my opinion. I am really interested to hear some perspective on the film from this group of people.

Did you like the idea of it? What kind of endings did you see? Did it make you think? About what?

I got an ending where the main character realizes that he is a character in a movie being controlled by viewers. Bit of a take on the simulation hypothesis. What do you all think about the simulation hypothesis? Hold any weight? Useful information if so?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Did you like the idea of it? What kind of endings did you see? Did it make you think? About what?Lif3r

Good lord, can I have the 45 minutes I wasted on this loop of a no plot movie clip back please?
    Both the males in the house watches it independently of one another and my youngest said he wanted top get me to the Netflix choice. Oie Ve!
    I guess if you have to dictate everything that happens and have a super short memory, it might be appealing but to me it is nothing more than a confuzzled mess that I don't have the time to try to follow.
    Forgive me, I am not a good representation of what Movies/series are good because I am still watching the West Wing. The Cheney lover in me will never die. :heart: :fire: :sparkle:
  • Ben92
    Ah, I really loved it! (Although I was the kind of kid who was really into CYOA too)

I think I ended up with the ending where he goes back in time and gets on the train with his mum, although I cycled through quite a few different endings on my way there.

I found it a little bit disturbing just how much I enjoyed making intentionally bad decisions just to see what would play out- it's probably a good thing that we can't 'replay' life, otherwise who knows what insane decisions we'd all make. . .
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I found it a little bit disturbing just how much I enjoyed making intentionally bad decisions just to see what would play out- it's probably a good thing that we can't 'replay' life, otherwise who knows what insane decisions we'd all make. . .Ben92

Excellent self realization! :up:
  • praxis
    The worst Black Mirror episode, by far.

I think they were trying to give the feeling that the viewer was controlling the narrative but once they make you loop back from a dead end, which happened in the beginning for me, the illusion breaks.
  • Nils Loc
    The episode reminds me thoroughly of J.L. Borges collection Labyrinths, the introduction of a self-aware hypertexuality to reading text (now watching film) and the pressure of an up-ending idealistic metaphysics (life is a banal nightmare of eternal recurrence).

The looping backward gets a bit banal quickly, especially since no new choices are given. One can just as well imagine that all cinematic beginnings, middles and ends belong to Bandersnatch if the world resembles an absurd fantasy of bifurcating choice.

In my mind's eye I hope for an ending where he walks into the natural world and enjoys its tranquil serenity (choose now).

Or maybe he is a graphic artist, or painter, and finishes a work that satisfies him (Bandersnatch). Then he is having coffee with friends.

When you've killed your father countless times everything else might be banal by comparison.

'The thing (dreams of ice skating) that hath been, it is that which shall be (dreamnt again); and that which is done (blessings of coffee in the snow) is that which shall be done (some time ago): and there is no new thing (except a mystery) beneath the sun.' Pseudo Ecclesiastes 1:9
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment