• Not
    Hello. I am new here and just wanted to say, "Hello."

My training and vocation involved the Classics, so I tend to read mostly the ancients. I have read quite a bit of the existentialists (SK, etc), and chewed on some Hegel (POM), but the Classics are where I feel most at home. I am currently re-visiting a lot of Plato, but I enjoy others as well and find much philosophy in the likes of Thucydides, Euripides, and other ancients historians and playwrights as well.

I hope I can connect with other Classicists and discuss how ancient philosophy formed so much of our thoughts.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!
  • Valentinus

Greetings, Not.
    That is a serviceable blog name if there ever was one.
    By the way, when you want to reply to a post, use the swoopy arrow that appears when your cursor hovers over a post.
    I just showed up here recently myself.
  • Not
    Why, thank you! It's nice to be here.
  • Valentinus

It is nice.
    The best parts for me so far is having to learn stuff that I had no idea existed before I checked it out.
    Exposure is good.
  • RosettaStoned
    I'm a bit late but would like to welcome you here nonetheless. I would inspire you to check out all fields of philosophy and to not cage yourself to one, but if you don't feel comfortable with that, then it probably won't affect your experience here. I hope that that experience is a good one.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.