• Tzeentch
    Good day,

I had a most disturbing dream tonight.

Together with my family I was in a house in a rural area. Then, for a reason that was either trivial or for no reason at all, or as part of a game, I shot my brother dead. After this I ran into the night in a sort of drunken haze.

I ran until I came across some town or village, where I met some people, but this part of the dream is rather vague.

Then I woke up. Rather, I thought I woke up. You know that feeling when you had a bad dream and you wake up to realize it wasn't real? I woke up with that feeling in the house I ran from, but I was still dreaming.

It quickly dawned on me that something was wrong, as everyone was in a grave mood. Apparently some time had already passed since that night, but it soon became clear that my brother was actually shot, presumably by me, but all I had was a recollection of the dream.

Now I was filled with the feeling of dread of knowing I may have shot my brother and will probably go to jail for a long time. I also felt the grief of my mother who had found my brother where I had shot him in my dream.

At this point I was the only one who seemed to realize that I may be the culprit, but apparently cameras had recorded the whole ordeal. The last part of the dream is me insisting on wanting to see the footage, and the other people for some reason being reluctant to show it. Right before I finally was shown the recording I woke up (this time for real, I hope...).

A very unpleasant dream, especially after having been lured into a false sense of relief by "waking up" inside my dream.

I've been trying to make sense of it. Perhaps there are some dream interpreters who can help me here, especially considering this important plottwist: I don't actually have a brother.

Also, feel free to share any of your own disturbing dreams.

Regards,

Tzeentch
  • DiegoT
    okay, well it is difficult to interpret other people´s dreams, because they mostly respond to contents that are known only to the dreamer or not even that. Dreams are when our brain is the most active, and the sensorial input is kept to a minimum (though still playing a role, such as when central heating is not working and it starts snowing in our dream). All that happens in the dream is You, all the characters and events are you; not exactly your ego, but the unresolved structures that need to release their energy through images or symbols.

Thus, the emotions you feel in the dream are important and you need to think of them. They are charges that you have not relieved in your wake time, perhaps because they did not turn up in your conscious room. For example, you can feel fear, or lust, or homesickness, and the symbols or images (all you experience and do) during the day did not prompted their manifestation or it was repressed because you had other things to do.

If these dreams repeat (same feelings associated with similar or different images) you need to allow that energy that is accumulating to come outside. Sometimes by merely expressing it and recognising the feeling, but also by using their power or charge to carry out procedures that fulfill the unresolved tension.
  • Shawn
    I've been trying to make sense of it. Perhaps there are some dream interpreters who can help me here, especially considering this important plottwist: I don't actually have a brother.Tzeentch

That was one intense dream. It seems some part of you really wanted to get some point across with the false awakening part. I have no idea what the point of dreams are. There are some interpretations that it's just the brain organizing content; but, I find dreams too deeply emotional to brush them aside as "the brain haphazardly organizing shit".

I've been having a lot of lucid dreams recently. They usually entail me going to the beach and relaxing there. Most often I don't try and interfere with my dreams. I just let them play out lucidly to observe what the heck they are trying to tell me.

Just this night I had a dream where I was working on a nuclear reactor that was a threat of melting down. I realized that this was a dream by doing a simple reality check of keeping my mouth closed and blocking my nostrils to prevent me from breathing. Once I realized that I could still breath, then I realized that it was a dream. The surroundings of the dream changed to my room that I sleep in, and I then flew out of my window towards the beach. I then met my sister, and we started talking about psychology. The sun was shining brightly outside and I was on warm sand near the beach.

One thing that surprises me about my dreams, is that I haven't had a horrific dream that you often read about online, since forever. It seems I am in good standing with my conscious or unconscious that it doesn't bother me too much. On second thought this isn't entirely true. I have had a dream where I had the intent to murder someone with an ax, which did bother me. But, this dream took place something like a year ago. I talked about it with my mother and she told me it was just a dream. That's at least how I interpret things that go on in a dream, as just a dream. I just try and enjoy them.

That is not to say I disregard my dreams. I often pay close attention to their content and happenings. They are perhaps, the pinnacle of self-generated content. It is a close encounter or as close as possible to get wrt. to one's psyche.
  • Tzeentch
    If you're interested in uncovering the meaning of dreams, there's a series of lectures you may consider watching.

You can find them here on YouTube:
    Pierre Grimes - Dream Series

It's a five part series on the meaning of dreams and how to try and decipher them. Even though it's a subject that's difficult to tackle, the lectures take quite a 'no-nonsense' approach. The lectures also feature analysis of some of the dreams that students had.

The broad idea that's presented, which after deliberation I've come to find quite plausible, is that dreams tackle subconscious issues you are having in your life, which may block your development as a person. Especially the more profound dreams seem to tell us something about ourselves and what we're struggling with.

Apart from his Dream Series, there are a ton of lectures by Pierre Grimes on YouTube. It's an absolute gold mine for those interested in philosophy, especially classical philosophy.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment