• Deleted User
    Some notes on intrasubjectivity in addiction, desire, morality:

A. If I desire x and don't possess x then I am unhappy (pain)
    B. If I desire x and do possess x then I am happy (pleasure, desirable emotion, beauty).
    A. If I possess a very desirable x and lose it then am i proportionally unhappy? Maybe, many other things need to be considered; it is difficult to tease out organized causal rules for emotion here.
    B. If I possess a very undesirable x and lose it am i proportionally happy?
    3. The longer the time since the event the less it influences mood.
    A. If happiness or sadness follow each other in cycles as they do in all lives, one obtains happiness and sadness in sequence because happiness or sadness is lost and also because happiness or sadness is gained.
    B. The event interacts with all prior events in the subconscious.
    A. Desire that needs to be controlled as it often does requires the "will" to be applied to moral action not survivalism.
    B. Otherwise desire can devolve into addiction - self-perpetuating, progressively worsening cycles of extreme pleasure and pain, which is never healthy.
    C. Some principles of this path of action are self knowledge, contrary action, honesty, willingness, considering one's role in an event honestly, considering the others' perspective, seeing what one actually influences, non-analysis, seeing sameness not difference, acceptance, etc.
    D. These issues are all related as far as the subconscious goes.
    7. Because of this moral-causal relation between addiction and recovery some propose a theological (good/heaven, evil/hell) explanation, usually.
    A. Sometimes we act good and get bad and vice versa and sometimes causality goes according to the theological theory.
    B. If this actually happens is only knowable by an individual in their own life, in context, and cannot be communicated. Morality is contextual.

Just notes
  • Deleted User
    59c70216a196200bfd90b7e0bb5899f8c8136339e102442b26dbba8459912c2b.jpg

Despair and victory - 2 aspects of the one human condition
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention