• TheMadFool
    I've heard of reverse engineering and from what I understand it means studying a device and learning how to make it from scratch.

Some third-world countries are well known for such capabilities or, at least, their attempts at it.

My question is a bit different. We could call it the ''next level'' so to speak.

There's a man-made object which will leave the solar system - the voyager 2 spacecraft. It's supposed to drift off into deep space in a few decades or centuries I don't know.

But...

Imagine an advanced alien finds it at some point in time. Is that fortunate or sheer bad luck? I don't know.

Anyway...reverse engineering...Do you think an advanced alien race can learn how to make voyager 2 AND, going one step further, create the human mind itself?

I don't know what to call it, perhaps mind-hacking? Archaeologists reconstruct the culture (including how people think) from bits of pottery, tools and the odd cave painting.

Is it too far-fetched to think an advanced alien can reconstruct the human mind from studying the voyager 2 spacecraft? If they find it at all.
  • Pattern-chaser
    Is it too far-fetched to think an advanced alien can reconstruct the human mind from studying the voyager 2 spacecraft?TheMadFool

No. But it would be quite an impressive feat, wouldn't it? :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.