• TheMadFool
    I’m not sure how you got that from what I’ve written. That’s not what I mean at all.Possibility

Sorry. My bad. Sometimes I get ahead of myself. :smile:
  • Possibility
    Sorry. My bad. Sometimes I get ahead of myself. :smile:TheMadFool

No problem.
  • tim wood
    That's because of the definition of happiness you have adopted. If you look at Aristotle's for example - eudaimonia in Greek - and study Ancient Greek culture you'll see for yourself a completely different way to think and perceive what happiness is.Agustino

This is the place to start.

From the web, this:

"For Aristotle, however, happiness is a final end or goal that encompasses the totality of one's life. It is not something that can be gained or lost in a few hours, like pleasurable sensations. It is more like the ultimate value of your life as lived up to this moment, measuring how well you have lived up to your full potential as a human being. For this reason, one cannot really make any pronouncements about whether one has lived a happy life until it is over,... For the same reason we cannot say that children are happy, any more than we can say that an acorn is a tree, for the potential for a flourishing human life has not yet been realized. As Aristotle says, "for as it is not one swallow or one fine day that makes a spring, so it is not one day or a short time that makes a man blessed and happy." (Nicomachean Ethics, 1098a18). https://www.pursuit-of-happiness.org/history-of-happiness/aristotle/

And from the right starting place, the rest is navigation and details. A question remains as to whether everyone can achieve happiness. My vote is affirmative, although clearly time and chance will shape it.
  • Anthony
    The purpose of life: The erasure of any and all forms of behaviorism which have been operative in my life.
  • Colin Cooper
    Better to ask yourself what are emotions ? they are all instinctive , often run by our sub-conscious mind .
    Do we control our emotions and decisions ? or is our whole life based on instinctive reactions and emotions , only the perception of control , but in fact all our emotional states are instinctive to ensure the survival of the species . Even our ability to self destruct and create wars are based in some primeval emotion meant to help us survive in a harsh world . So what is Happiness ?
  • ztaziz
    Humans are godly in the way they experience true childbirth, and of such a cycle. Other life-forms do not necessarily reproduce, or produce ideas using a pure receptor mind.

In other simulations children are a different thing; our godliness, is the beauty of our childbirth.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet