• Shawn
    I was wondering if anyone here follows LENR research?

Any thoughts welcome.
  • BrianW

I only recognise it as cold fusion and I thought, as an idea, it was long dead and buried. Though, reading about it anew as LENR is quite interesting and really promising to see how much ground it has made.
  • BC
    Any thoughts welcomeWallows

I don't follow, Wallow. I stick to the shallows.
    Drums sound good because they are hollow.
    Be careful what you swallow.
    Even great minds can choke on marshmallows.
    The spokes boy looks like a fellow who's callow.
    Perhaps they will all hang from the gallows.
    If you can't stand the darkness; light a stick of tallow.

Prolly a good idea if I shut up now and just lay low.
  • Hanover
    According to the website, in December 2020, the cheap power becomes available for purchase. I'll go ahead and prepay for mine by sending my money to the world headquarters in Estonia.
  • Shawn

If you're really interested, here is a topic I started in regards to this issue some time back. It has grown significantly on Lenr-Forums. Have a look at tell me what you think:

https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/thread/5728-how-do-you-convince-a-skeptic/
  • Shawn
    According to the website, in December 2020, the cheap power becomes available for purchase. I'll go ahead and prepay for mine by sending my money to the world headquarters in Estonia.Hanover

Which website?
  • Benkei

Scam and bullshit.

More bullshit. It isn't renewable as it uses deuterium as a fuel. Oh, and it's a scam. Both utilise the same old "we're not going to approach institutional investors because they'll just bury a product that is a multi-billion dollar profit cow". Totally absurd. Investors don't invest because they demand reproducable results, which no LENR company has been able to provide. And although a Shell might be threatened by it, banks that aren't invested in Shell aren't. Or if they are invested and think it will be a success, they can sell there shares and avoid a loss! What a miracle!

If you're really interested, here is a topic I started in regards to this issue some time back. It has grown significantly on Lenr-Forums. Have a look at tell me what you think:

https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/thread/5728-how-do-you-convince-a-skeptic/
    Wallows

As to this, you redirected me to it before. The "why are there no dead graduate students" related to Rossi's system, which claimed to produce copper from nickel through fusion. Let me remind you of the possibilities there.

these are your options when producing copper from nickel through fusion:

58Ni + 1H → 59Cu* → 59Ni + β+ + γ + νe,
    60Ni + 1H → 61Cu* → 61Ni + β+ + γ + νe,
    61Ni + 1H → 62Cu* → 62Ni + β+ + γ + νe,
    62Ni + 1H → 63Cu* → 63Cu + γ,
    64Ni + 1H → 65Cu* → 65Cu + γ.

Three decay back into nickel, while emitting gamma radiation. The other two decay into copper by radiating gamma radiation. By all accounts Rossi should be dead. He isn't. Then considering the lack of shielding on the e-cat, it's a scam.
    Benkei

The fact those people react to "why isn't Rossi dead" by turning this into a general claim about all proposed fusion reactions goes to show how bad they are at reading since your OP is pretty damn clear on the matter.
  • Shawn

So, maybe LENR is a feature of an unknown physics due to our inability to comprehend it on existing science. Does that sound as an explanation why Rossi or whoever isn't dead?
  • Benkei
    No, because we do know the physics of fusion. The reaction doesn't change because it's cold, it's cold because the coulomb barrier is supposedly breached without the application of intense heat (e.g. plasma). Maybe you should first read up on fusion and fission before reading LENR as you don't seem to be able to tell the difference between bullshit and actual science.
  • Shawn

Let's see. :nerd:
  • Shawn
    Well, a heavyweight has entered the field. Google threw in 10 million to a team of fresh new blood into the field of LENR. Although they didn't validate 30 years worth of research due to practically starting from scratch it is a positive step forward according to many old timers involved in the field.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.