• 0 thru 9
    Like the title says, NOT looking for answers to the questions posted here. No explanations, lectures, quotes, arguments, proofs, theories, or tutorials, thanks very much. No discussions really necessarily, not to discourage such though. Just stray questions that pop into your head, that probably don’t have or maybe don’t need a specific answer. Including both the Cosmic and the Comic. Please add your own questions, puzzlers, conundrums, and observations! It just kind of is what it is maybe... or perhaps not...

So, off the top of my head...

What is the more difficult and painful: one’s own death, or the death of loved ones? What’s harder? Dying or being born and living?

Are things getting better, or worse, or somehow both simultaneously? Or would it depend on circumstance, geographical location, and bank account?

Why do house flies seem to wash their little hands? Are they getting ready to land on some doggie doo, or have they just finished eating? Does it really make a difference in their lives and hygiene? Or are they doing it merely for show?

Assuming that there is a divine Creator, who would most likely be much older than our physical universe... What if said Creator is having a “senior moment” (which for us would be an eternity) and forgot we were here, and needed looking after? Maybe we will one day hear “oh crap... sorry, I forgot!” rumble from the skies, and everything will be put right?

What the heck speed should one go on the freeway? (Besides the “safe speed”, of course... whatever that may be). There is no way to make everyone happy. No matter what speed you go, it’s either too fast for the police officers or too slow for the driver behind you who has watched all The Fast and the Furious movies and is about to crawl up your muffler...

Which voice in your head is best to listen to? Most of them seem to make a good case at least some of the time. Are the voices that seem slightly crazy really so? Or are they just on a different and maybe higher level?

Where does the time go? Is it ever late? Does it simply return from where it came from originally? Does it go the same galactic black hole all my money seems to disappear to? Is it all waiting there patiently for me with my childhood pet cat?

Hmmm.... :chin:
  • MountainDwarf
    What is the point of life?

Do we have any type of freedom as living things or is everything determined by nature?

Does romance have any good impact upon people?

What is the point of romance?

If a man admits he's weak does that make him weak?

Can everyone do magick or are some metaphysically retarded?

Are chaos and order supposed to be balanced or are we better off without one?

Is it wrong to be polyamorous?

Is man the king of nature?

What do women want from men romantically?

Does size determine a woman's faithfulness?

Is God "out there" or inside? Or both?

What is evil?

Why does evil win sometimes?

Is there such a thing as healing?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Does size determine a woman's faithfulness?MountainDwarf

The "size" of what?
    We women can buy the size we want, so I would say "size" has no equation with a degree of faithfulness.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.