• Deleted User
    What do you think of the relationship between these:
    Skepticality about whether we have knowledge or not, eg with causal thinking in a world of randomness with patterns vs causality being actually in the world, being in a dream or simulation
    Not tabula rasa or a priori, but potentials in us (eg to know causality, in our brain structure) that are activated by experience
    Language & matter, how do we know/use language or how do we both perceive something for us/know it as well as it being for itself objectively
    Thought
    Senses
    Body
    I
  • Deleted User
    I feel like we are in this situation where all these unknowns box us in so much so it's funny. We can't really share sensory perceptions, we don't know what our persisting sense of self really is, but we can somehow (what even is it to know?) talk in language (limited by context) about experiences to determine what we think the material causes are - in the process creating objective objects (the apple we see different) which are the parallel to our linguistic understanding. So I guess we can't really say anything about whether or not our mind influences our reality, nor can we know in language whether there is a unified/uncaused truth in reality.
  • Deleted User
    a few seconds ago
    Eh yea now as far as empirical knowledge goes I think it's pretty simple. A relationship between the statements and the object understood perhaps exists, it is on somewhat firm ground (I see skeptical arguments now as a bit weak), and is (the world of objects and of statements about them) bound by the laws of context - being here now/being constantly shifting/transmitting meaning.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.