• Robert Peters
    not "EXPLOSIVE!" by Robert Peters

The utilization of "Explosive" to sell ad space is very much like the continual flashes of gun violence, and even the most inhumane conditions and strongest pains we experience. Our systems evolved to cope with everything we may or may not come across. From sucking a lung full of air to what to do when the air isn't there.

See if the report started..."Another idiotic rant in a series of idiotic rants" for an example when Humans see this they actually get the opportunity to see if they want to even approach the conversation. If I say "EXPLOSIVE!!!" it is designed to shock you, to bring fear into your system. The fear/stress state is when we start offloading stored hormones and go into overdrive making more, especially Epinephrine. Now this evolved offloading affects the mind by sharpening your focus and actually reducing the overdrive our consciousness or higher brain has on our minute to minute.

If you wake, go to work, go home, sleep, repeat...and you can do it with little to no high levels of stress you actually perform much better because your higher brain is functioning with clarity and can take in, analyze and move forward in a "clean" way.

The issue with utilizing a trigger like "Explosive" as the first word out of your mouth at the "top of the key" if you will, is I as a person going about my day and trying to do it in a "clean" way either am watching with baited breath for the news, or it is just on, and "Bam!"
    The news is where we get our news. That is their job, "x happened here's a thumbnail, more when we learn it, move on." but this has been fucking twisted into trying to get the revenue ever higher.

I understand and am ok with this, the airwaves are expensive, but the reality of news and what we are served are completely subverted.

Can someone please give me a news program that is a little more fucking toned down?

I wake or just get home, flick on the news. I've got shit to take care of and problems on my lists but basically I am more or less safe at home, trying to engage with the World and step out of my existence.

"Explosive!" said in a preparatory, doom filled way at the minimum will make us take a breath to hear about some profound disaster effecting or killing many. Having a few unimportant "juicy secrets" has nothing to do with doom, there is nothing to be prepared for. "A new op-ed with some juicy secretes about President trump has come out"... would make me want to hear the story, or not, investigate as deeply as I may interest me, or not at all and move on.
    Calmness is an attribute needed in the presentation of "what we know and how it may affect you". The "news" is but shouldn't fucking be Hollywood, the news presented in a calm, clear way would do so much to reduce the state of societal collapse we've seemingly always experienced. How can I be calm when "Bam!"?

Yes, even the Christmas Tsunami was a horrible thing and possibly an explosive story but if the reporter stated..."There was a horrible Tsunami in Southern Asia, here is what we know..." is the way to present this type of news. Even when it is explosive.

It is simple if your doctor walked in with your results and the first word out of his mouth was "Explosive!" you may jump out of the goddamn window. You need to know you have "X", the prognoses and the way forward.

Again I am "ok" with some percentage of news channels presenting their "news" in this way, but shocking anyone within earshot or able to read the subtitles from whatever level of clarity and calm they have just because a "juicy secrete" is, may be or has been put out is fucking heartless. Amoral. Mean. Especially when it is being mean just to make a dollar.

We've all watched the old footage of the reporting of President Kennedy's assassination. A truly "Explosive" story and how was it presented.

"From Dallas Texas, the flash, apparently official, President Kennedy died at one p.m. central standard time..." Calm, paced, clear, concise. happened here's a thumbnail, more when we learn it, move on."

We as viewers are able to take the news into our brains, process what's up and decide if I want to pursue. Decide if we want to have any emotional reaction. With "Explosive!" We immediately go into damage control, we possibly will be unable to even hear what is coming next. We all do this and this is why you don't turn to your crazy uncle for the news, sorry Fox. You don't want to hear what we should think about something, we want the story and to decide if we need to be interested in it or not, to evaluate if we wish to move forward.

Some unknown fucking idiot in the top idiots office trying to quell the top idiots stupidity is not explosive! I am sure there are a batch of such fucking idiots amongst those just trying to push their agenda. Nowhere near concern really, perhaps to your crazy uncle, sorry Fox, but I have things in my life that take precedence over this problem. I am not happy about it but right now it is just a question mark with an exclamatory presentation.

I am trying to make life better for myself and those around me. If I see something I feel will cause duress or a problem I attempt to mitigate it's likelihood, I don't stand on the sidewalk screaming "Explosive! Don't step in this shit!" to anyone within earshot. I happily would watch a calm presentation of the news. The positive side of diminishing print media is it often has a calm tone because if you are willing to read something that means you are willing to evaluate an issue until you don't care and move on to the next "article" or dig harder. Even the headlines will hint at shock, but the well written and well read papers don't say "Explosive New Op Ed!", it said "trump is 'livid' over 'resistance' op-ed piece" (non-capitalization intentional) on the first story of the WP, many others were presented similarly.

I actually wouldn't mind even someone reading the front page of the paper the way it is written to get away from the "Exclusive!", "Amazing!", "Unbelievable!", and "Explosive" bullshit they keep launching at us. The less Epinephrine coursing through our veins the better.

Good luck out there
  • Robert Peters
    Hello Everyone,

I think this is a philosophical discussion starter.
    There are huge points within the structure of my point, I feel. The philosophy that doing anything for $ is "ok" no matter how society is affected?
    The philosophical notion of the "right" of being able to say anything to try and get your point across, free speech vs "well hold on, you can't say "bomb" in an airport". Limitations vs unlimited creativity???
    I know I am not right for anyone but me when I wrote what I wrote, I happily will explore the ramifications if you wish to discuss any.
    I'll be checking back regularly.

Good luck out there
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube