• Perdidi Corpus
    The question : What does it mean to mean? Shows a rather interesting phenomenon in that the question seems to be perfectly sound. And yet it is not, because it shows that if man does not see, it just may be that he is putting a question in front of the answer in such a way that it actually clouds HIS answer.
    Why? Because within the first use of the word "mean", makes knowing what meaning is a necessity, even though it is probably not verbalized.
    If he asks it to himself, he does not seem to want to use the question in order to know, but instead he is using it to make whatever knowledge he possesses murky/murkier all the while believing he is doing something productive in the search for truth.
    If he asks it to others, he seems to believe that knowledge is out there and not in here, though it is the knowledge we stand on in here that produces the question.

What other obstacles prevent us from accessing truth?
    What are other ways man blinds himself?
  • Banno
    I'm sure it should be Perdido. But then, I never studied Latin formerly. Brian taught me most of he little I know.
  • BC
    Perdidi corpus meum = I lost my body (Mary, that's the second one this week!); perdidi corpus = I lost the body; (I don't know -- it was in the kitchen 15 minutes ago.); perdidit corpus = lost body (something fishy happened between the O.R. and the morgue). Est vivens mortua est = the dead are alive; let's get the hell out of here.
  • Banno
    It pleases me greatly that someone here knows what they are talking about.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.