• BC
    There have been enough conspiracies for us to take plots at least somewhat seriously. But the conspiracy has to make some sort of sense.

The thing about 9/11 is that it WAS a conspiracy, and the conspiracy was successful. Occam's razor directs us toward the bin Laden directed plot, rather than those devious devils' plot in Washington.

Remember, this was the second attack on the World Trade Towers--the first being in 1993. In that attack, the intent was to fell the north tower into the south tower. Some engineers speculated that it could have worked. (They didn't wish to provide details on how to do it better.) The conspirators killed 6 people and injured over 1000. Had it worked, many thousands would likely have died. Al Qaeda provided training for this attack. The World Trade Center was selected as a representative of US economic power.

The attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, OK was also a successful conspiracy--planned by Americans against Americans in America. It was in retaliation for the attack on an oddball bunch of Americans in the Branch Davidian facility in Waco, TX in April of 1993. Whether the Bureau of Tobacco, Alcohol and Firearms (a branch of the US Treasury) was conspiring to bring about what happened, don't know. Why that particular federal building was blown up, don't know.

There have been other conspiracies to do various (usually violent) deeds. In 1970 a small group blew up Stirling Hall at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. The Army had a research center in the building, and the explosion was a protest against the War in Vietnam. The conspirators had tried to blow up the building when no one was there, but unfortunately 1 graduate student was there and was killed. He didn't have anything to do with the Army research program.

Imagine living in England, what with all the IRA bombs that were blown up there during the 1970s - 90s.
    Another example of successful conspiracies.

I'm not sure the US Intelligence Agencies are capable of thinking up, planning, and pulling off a devilishly ingenious dastardly conspiracy. We have too many means to crush which ever group of bastards are annoying us. The annoying bastards, on the other hand, have to work within extremely limited means -- they have to be fiendishly clever. And they have been.
  • Aleksander Kvam
    "But the conspiracy has to make some sort of sense." what makes sense" can vary alot from person to person. and no one can truly be wrong if they have found no undeniably, true answer.
  • allan wallace
    This is exactly why ignorance is bliss, no? Those that lack the ability to think for themselves and enjoy the comfort of being one of the woolly headed herd of identical sheeplike sycophants will merely bleat the same bland note as the woolly creature in front of him in order to take the easy way out....

I haven't bothered to look too closely at the conspiracy stuff, the other factors are enough to persuade me that there is a horde of cowardly grunting rock chucking goat molesting bomb making bearded lunatics that may seek to liberate my bonce from my torso! That it might be a small mercy and put me out of my misery isn't the point :lol: .....if certain savages choose to observe the teachings of a demented paedophile from the 6th Century, that is their prerogative, but they ought to keep their primitive nonsense to themselves. It isn't unreasonable to expect them to observe the same laws as the rest of us. I don't like materialism, but I'm not going to go on a crusade against those that do worship at the temple of Mammon...
  • Aleksander Kvam
    yeah, im not a fan of religion either. and I have thought about there being a conspiracy about religion and the reasons for religions existence. but I dont know offcourse. its just my imagination or paranoia running wild.
  • Aleksander Kvam
    so ignorance is bliss but KNOWING will help you more, if your strong enough.
  • Aleksander Kvam
    "a little light relief, enjoy! Oh well, don't enjoy! I can't paste a song from this Mac :lol: If curious it was going to be 'I saw a UFO but nobody believed me by Sneaky Sound System...." I prefure the band UFO :)
  • allan wallace
    Ah, but can we ever really 'know'? My cynicism runs very deep....I'll never lose my sense of wonder about the profundities of The Cosmos, but so much of everyday life is nauseating, no? I'm strong enough mate, i've been going 'against the grain' for as long as I can remember, but raging against the machine is exhausting. I'm tired....i'd sooner just enjoy a cup of tea as i daydream out the window....
  • Aleksander Kvam
    yeah, and I cant help to think that total enlightenment and knowing all the answers, if we see the quest for answers all the way through. is the closest you`ll get to becoming god-like,
    you have the entire puzzle-picture infront of you and you reach the highest transcendence...or some bullshit like that. I dont think it will happen :)
  • Aleksander Kvam
    Ah, but can we ever really 'know'? My cynicism runs very deep....I'll never lose my sense of wonder about the profundities of The Cosmos, but so much of everyday life is nauseating, no? I'm strong enough mate, i've been going 'against the grain' for as long as I can remember, but raging against the machine is exhausting. I'm tired....i'd sooner just enjoy a cup of tea as i daydream out the window.... "

:up:
  • Aleksander Kvam
    "i'd sooner just enjoy a cup of tea as i daydream out the window...." one can live in total bliss just thinking about all the mysteries of the world and the universe and not reallly care to know them too. Mystery is the fanciest word for not knowing :)
  • raza
    The attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, OK was also a successful conspiracy--planned by Americans against Americans in America.Bitter Crank

A fertiliser bomb in a truck could not have caused that sort of damage. But hey! These conspirators take great pains in deception. That is why they usually succeed. The use of patsies is an old tried and true playbook. The truck blew, along with the far lager devices in synchronicity.
  • 3rdClassCitizen
    When it comes to 9/11, the vast majority of people don't want to know the ugly truth. It is better to let it go, a case of blissful ignorance.
  • Watts729
    I think we need to clear up what kind of "ignorance" we are speaking of. Are we talking about willful ignorance? Like ignoring that which displeases you? or are we discussing ignorance that you don't know? And is this knowledge which you are ignoring easily obtainable or is it a truth that only few are privy to, like if we lived in the Matrix or something.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.