• Baden

My point has nothing to do with CNN though. I don't have much time to watch CNN talk about it, and I don't care what they say. I quoted Trump pretty much directly. His opinion is what matters here as well as that of the judge he appoints.

If Roe v Wade is overturned, the rights to abortion will return to states rights and that is one step closer to what the people want.ArguingWAristotleTiff

? You want it overturned then? What people? About 70% of Americans according to polls want it to stay.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/01/03/about-seven-in-ten-americans-oppose-overturning-roe-v-wade/

I intentionally bolded "legitimization" when I quoted you and I responded withlegalization.
    A LOT of ideas are lent legitimization simply by being held by a leader such as the President but that doesn't make it legitimate. President Bush believes in creationism but do you think that because of that perspective, that the USA citizen who believed in evolution up until he took office now believes in creationism as well?
    Come on Baden, give the "WE" who make up the USA a little more credit than that.
    ArguingWAristotleTiff

It affects the public discourse negatively, Tiff, that's the stain I'm talking about. I don't think it's going to make everyone racist etc. Obviously it's not. But many people who have a racist streak in them feel emboldened more to express it now. They say that themselves in alt-right publications.
  • Banno
    Damn. Ninety one comments after one post. So close.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.