• hope
    let themselves gothewonder

If someone is out of shape then they can't want sex or a relationship that badly. Otherwise they would get their ass in shape.
  • hope
    proud of their virginitythewonder

Virgins have no std's or child support payments. lol
  • thewonder

It's not just about being in shape, though; it's also about not having cultivated any form of personality whatsoever. I don't mind a mindless fuck, but I do really not want to date someone whom I can't hold a conversation with for more than five minutes.
  • hope
    conversation with for more than five minutes.thewonder

Some peoples minds are a turn off, or turn on.
  • thewonder

Yes and yes, but I feel like you haven't seen what I mean about these virginity hoodies. Various Christian groups make these proud to be a virgin hoodies which say something to that effect and I do feel like no teenager wears one without parental advisory. It's kind of an angle in college, as someone will quote unquote corrupt you, but really the sort of thing that's indicative of a humiliating form of repression characteristic of, particularly, evangelical forms of Christianity. Sex is whatever, y'know? It's like coffee. It's always pretty good, but never truly outstanding, no matter what gets put into it.
  • theRiddler
    To their defense, women are recklessly and needlessly cruel to those with mental problems or general insecurities.

It goes beyond just it being their choice who to be attracted to, too. Too often these days women are demoralizing towards the weak.

I think it's really a matter of the (bad) philosophy of so-called "Darwinism," which really has nothing to do with the Theory of Evolution, but it has been mangled into something very dark, callous, and cruel.
  • theRiddler
    Basically: Fuck the weak. We're chosen by nature.

Which is essentially Nazism.
  • hope
    arious Christian groupsthewonder

Old timey religion will be saving our "soul" more and more in the future as we become more and more lost in all this progressiveness that our genetics were never meant to have.
  • frank
    'm not saying they're not out there. I'm just saying that it's like the equivalent of those poor young men who have to wear those hoodies that say that they are proud of their virginity because of their Christian parents.thewonder

No, look back at Vagabond's explanation. Incels want to take sexual freedom away from women. Their hero is Jordan Peterson. They're nuts.
  • thewonder

I don't know that that truly defends incels, though.

I suffer from psychosis, which is the worst of all dating maladies. I'm invariably passed by, should I disclose this, by more or less all women by that account. Sure, they have implicitly accepted what they've learned from Hollywood, but I don't really feel like it's them to blame. There's so much shit that comes with being a woman. Men used to bitch about how they'd spend so much time in the bathroom on the shop floor because of that that was the only space that they had to organize. It sucks, but it's our world that has created our situation. They fetishize young urban professionals because of that that is the easiest way out. Sure, I could rend assunder some yuppie's worldview, given a chance to have a conversation, but what can I offer in the ways of a house, things to do, and to be considered of place in this world? It's a petty jealousy that these men have of others. It's like hating people purely because of that they are famous. It's a shit working-class resentment that ought to somehow be overcome. Nothing good will come from so-called "incels".
  • thewonder

I was just pointing out that it is absurd to identify as an "incel" in the first place. It's like saying, "don't fuck me; I'm a weak misogynist." Honestly, those Christians even have it better. Someone wants to quote unquote corrupt them.

Incels are definitely hella nuts, though. I am aware of the trend.
  • theRiddler
    Nothing good will come from so-called "incels".

I agree completely, but not everyone was born with the gift of logic like you or I.

Inceldom is a knee-jerk reaction. I can just see why it's happening.
  • thewonder

Right, but I don't think that's a good defense.

It's like hating Kirsten Dunst, y'know? She's even been in a number of independent films. It's like some fucked shit like that.

To consider their perspective, okay, so, I resent some things. I have never been offered a certain kind of life by my dating prospects and therefore am unhappy. I resent that. I'm willing to admit it, but I don't fault with anyone else. It's just some circumstantial shit. It's like anything else. I don't know. There's a lot of piled up shit, y'know? I mean, I don't think that I've ever had genuine fun, y'know? Fuck everyone for that. That's just some circumstantial shit, though, and they can't accept that. I don't accept it, either, but I riot in different ways. I don't know. This world leads us to riot. It's all about how you do it, y'know? Some people drive Aston Martins at 125 miles per hour and some people write the word, "motherfucker", on the subway wall. That's all alright. When you go about slandering some fifty percent of the populace for your personal angst, though, that's just fucked. We can measure the relative figures, but it's the same with race, class, and whatever else. It's all just shit, y'know?

I don't know. I almost needed a car as of late and found myself feeling jealous of people who drive Volkswagen Jettas. What kind of life is that!? A Jetta is like a company man whose soul is in question. I'd like to drive a vintage Beetle. That's something to harbor jealously towards.
  • theRiddler
    I don't know. I almost needed a car as of late and found myself feeling jealous of people who drive Volkswagen Jettas. What kind of life is that!? A Jetta is like a company man whose soul is in question. I'd like to drive a vintage Beetle. That's something to harbor jealously towards. — the wonder

Totally. I've had a really rough life, and I don't really believe in fault and blame. I'm a forty year-old virgin, in fact, and my name is Andy. lol

And I don't care. I think incels are barking up the wrong tree if they claim to. Cause on the other hand, maybe they are just a bunch of dudes who just want sex.

I love Beetles. Have a toy transformer Bumblebee (except the Go-Bot.) They're a blast to ride around in, especially if they've got those old pleather seats.
  • TheMadFool
    I suppose incels were a part of the social fabric for quite some time now. As a rough guide I'd use the number or percentage of bachelors and spinsters in the population since marriage records first began. I suspect we'll find a sizeable chunk of the populace never married and these would meet the criteria for incel-hood. An objection to such a metric would be incels don't want to marry as such, they want a sexual liaison with women not necessarily involving tying the knot. To that my response would be sex outside of marriage was frowned upon those good ol' days and so, the only way, barring some kind of covert physical relationship, sex would've been possible without inviting criticism would be marriage.

Fast forward to the 21st century and now incels are able to share notes, band together for that reason, all courtesy of internet social platforms.

What about the misogyny and the paradoxical misandry?

Well, the incel phenomenon revolves around women - not being able to get them into bed to be precise. So, we have on our hands a boy/man who likes girls/women (they're looking to get laid) but once that's denied (by girls/women), like is replaced by dislike. I guess, in extreme cases, love, when unreciprocated, turns into hate. This is a paradox, no? What an incel likes/loves (females) is what an incel dislikes/hates.

Most importantly, incels seem to be under the impression that they're entitled to sex/relationship with women, only this can explain the indignation/resentment they experience and which has become a rather troubling seedbed for violence. However, if it's about rights/entitlement incels seem to have forgotten, rather conveniently overlooked, the fact that women too are entitled, they too have rights - they can choose whom they have a relationship, platonic or sexual, with. I suppose then it's a case of incels' (perceived) right [they're entitled to women's sexual favors] vs women's (actual) right [they have the right to choose their mate].
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.