• Gord
    I wrote a piece on my thoughts concerning the act of loving versus the state of being in love. I spent a lot of time composing and when i was finished i felt very proud of it. I do not understand why it was taken down. There are alot of seemingly inane discussion topics that i can see, some of which have nothing to even do with philosophy (such as "what are you watching right now" and "cat person.")

I am disappointed because i was really hoping to hear other peoples thoughts and experiences on the topic.

Shame on you moderators.
  • Gord
    Please put it back up. Thank you.
  • Michael
    It was picked up by our automatic spam filter. It wasn't deleted by a moderator. I've restored it.
  • Michael
    There are alot of seemingly inane discussion topics that i can see, some of which have nothing to even do with philosophy (such as "what are you watching right now" and "cat person.")Gord

There's a "Lounge" category for off-topic discussions. Unless you specify so in your settings these will be included on the front page.
  • Gord
    Ah, understood. Thank you.
  • Baden
    There are alot of seemingly inane discussion topics that i can see, some of which have nothing to even do with philosophy (such as "what are you watching right now" and "cat person.")Gord

Neither of these topics are inane. There's a social element to the site which covers the first one and the second one is an analysis of a short story. But obviously feel free to ignore them. You can click on the "Categories" option in the left side-bar to organize your front page in such a way that off-topic discussions won't be immediately visible.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.