• schopenhauer1
    Can anyone explain what creativity (or novelty) is in Whitehead's philosophy? Where did this come from, and how does it explain how change is possible in Whitehead's philosophy? Does change just happen as the grounding of everything? It seems like fiat that things can combine into novel occasions. Where does time fit into Whitehead's philosophy? What are the differences between "corpuscular societies of occasions" and "compound individuals" in term of their experiential qualities?
  • anonymous66
    I'm also interested in Whitehead and his philosophy, but all I've done so far is read a couple of opinions about him and his work, so I can't answer your questions.
  • schopenhauer1
    I'm also interested in Whitehead and his philosophy, but all I've done so far is read a couple of opinions about him and his work, so I can't answer your questions.anonymous66

Fair enough, it is a very obtuse philosophy. The basics are relatively easy, but I have some questions that cannot be answered without more technical knowledge. For example, what justifies "creativity" to be (what I think to be) an axiom of this theory.
  • _db
    You might try this question over at the older PF.
  • schopenhauer1
    You might try this question over at the older PF.darthbarracuda

Good point, I'm sure apokrisis will want to field that one.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.