• Alacrity
    Sometimes when I am annoyed or frustrated, I would sit down, quietly, trying to perceive this sense of frustration, or other emotions, gradually building up in my mind. It stirs, ferments, vents all the way through my chest, and eventually fills my entire mind. Unsettling though it is, it is quite singular and bizarre to observe: a way that, despite my constant concentration, couldn't be swayed by my subjective wills at all. At this moment, I would either read a deep novel or do some math problems, anything that would distract me. Yet after I finished, those unnerving sentiments would all just vanish and fade away. What's left is nothing but an enduring awe to the intricate story of the novel or a deep appreciation towards the wonders of the math world. I would be really startled by this. I sincerely know how hard it is to shun those ingrained emotions, and yet this ingrained emotions just pales in comparison to those external activities of our body. How could that be? Are our mind, our emotions, nothing but puppets strung by those external influences?
  • Tyrodos
    Emotions are fleeting. Not dwelling on them makes them fleet faster. "Moving on and build a bridge and get over it".
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.