• Plato'sView
    I would like to have a serious debate about Atlantis, but so far, my discussions have been deleted . Even though I would like to argue in Plato's favor, I can assure you that I am not crazy. I will use physical evidence and try to answer any questions you may have regarding the subject. I doubt if any of you believe Plato's story is true, so you are not likely to take me seriously. However, I intend to prove you wrong. That means that you are not likely to be nice. I know what I am getting into. If you are willing to argue from the evidence, written and physical, this could be an interesting debate. Give me a chance. You have nothing to lose.
  • S
    Atlantis. :lol:
  • BlueBanana
    Can you find a philosophical side to that?
  • Plato'sView
    Most scholars believe that Plato made up the story to make a point about morality. That and the fact no one has found reliable physical evidence to support Plato, would be enough to support the scholars point of view. I will provide evidence to support Plato. To start the discussion, should I start a new discussion or continue with this discussion?
  • ahmad bilal
    I guess there no way to really know..
    There is no evidence present to support the claim, even though there may be a logical one present.
    One thing can be evidence that Atlantic ocean was named after the eldest son Atlas. :cool:
  • Maw
    Lol where the mods at?
  • T Clark
    I would like to have a serious debate about Atlantis, but so far, my discussions have been deleted .Plato'sView

I suggest you have a direct conversation with one or more of the moderators. They have a natural inclination to slap down what they consider, and I probably agree, pseudo-science. Maybe a reasoned approach might change their minds.
  • S
    I like to think that the correct way to interpret the title of this thread is not, "Is it Okay to Discuss Atlantis in the Lounge?", but rather, "Is it Okay to Discuss Atlantis in the Lounge?", as in, "We've discovered Atlantis, but it isn't in the sea, it's in the Lounge.". (And if I like to think that it's correct, then it must be so).

What's it doing there? How did it get there? Why has no one mentioned it until now? No one knows. But the answer to your question, correctly interpreted, is yes, it's okay to discuss it, but let's keep it between ourselves. We don't want everyone finding out about it, do we? It's our little secret.
  • Arkady
    I would like to have a serious debate about Atlantis, but so far, my discussions have been deleted .Plato'sView
    That Caribbean resort? I heard that place is a ripoff. This time of year, it's probably teeming with spring breakers, anyway.
  • TimeLine
    As I said to you in the PM, there are guidelines that you can follow and my reasoning for deleting your thread is because, I am sorry to say, but Atlantis does not exist in Florida. You are trying to convince everyone of your position without any merit other than your backyard machinations. Whilst I am a bit concerned that you think that some legitimacy exists in your theory, on these forums context matters and unfortunately there is absolutely no correlation between your position and something of philosophical substance that illustrates a proper argument. Bringing Plato to the fore does not suddenly justify that Atlantis exists in Florida.

I hope that helps you in some small way.
  • Plato'sView
    Will you take a look at some of the evidence in direct contact messages? Let's discuss a few points. If you are not satisfied that there is truth to Plato's story, I give up.
  • TimeLine
    If you want to chat with other willing members on the subject privately, you are more than welcome to as we are committed to such privacy. But, unfortunately, that conversation will not occur with me. I would suggest giving up and maybe having a look at some of the other thread topics and subjects currently underway to broaden your understanding of philosophical content.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.