• Count Radetzky von Radetz
    I assume most people using this website are Americans, as I have seen a few of the threads and they are largely U.S. politics based. American liberalism has developed since 1776 and there hasn’t been a real “conservative” following, mostly because the fact of a constitution in name has given the U.S., which goes against the values of true conservatism. So the Republican and Democratic Parties in the U.S. serve only one real purpose rather than opposition - to give an allusion of democracy as they all follow the same neo liberal philosophy. One could look at the policies of both parties - they almost entirely agree economically except for a few differences which gives both parties enough of a variety for a relative 50 - 50 split. It is essentially a one party state in other words - the “Demopublican I or Republicrat” Party. Now I have outlined this, I would like to give a brief description of the typical political situation in Europe, where in some European systems had developed under long democratic process, and some systems had also developed by revolution. But now I would like to discuss the foudations of true conservatism, which paved the way to how Europe is shaped today. An excellent case study for conservatism would be Austria - using the conservative system to hold onto power in it's fledgling empire for centuries, and retaining that conservative system until the very day it's empire stopped existing in 1918.
  • AngleWyrm
    The primary difference I see is which way one casts their gaze: To the past or to the future.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment