• CasKev
    Does our inability to assign self-aware consciousness to computers point to reality being created by consciousness? Does our inability to explain how consciousness arises from matter further support this? To me, this would also point to a singular consciousness rather than a shared reality, as having multiple creators would surely result in conflicts and inconsistencies in the shared reality, which don't seem to exist.

The closest thing I have found is The Simplest Case Scenario proposed by Karl Coryat. He describes reality as being composed of information that accumulates based on all forms of biological and technological observation, and says "a system of observers connected in this way can be treated as one single observer. It is a kind of super-observer that comprises many individual observing subsystems, which are tied together in mutual informational constraint."

To me, this explains why there would be no conflicts or inconsistencies in the perceived reality, but doesn't explain how the original arising of self-aware consciousness could be split off or assigned to multiple entities.
  • T Clark
    Does our inability to assign self-aware consciousness to computers point to reality being created by consciousness? Does our inability to explain how consciousness arises from matter further support this?CasKev

There have been a lot of discussions on the forum about how life develops from non-living matter and consciousness develops from non-sentient living organisms. It is my understanding there is a firm theoretical basis for understanding the processes. There is no "hard question of consciousness," only questions to be answered.
  • Murxovhaze
    You have asked a convoluted question full of conjecture, making this difficult to respond to with anything but questions in turn.

For instance, do we have an inability to assign self-aware consciousness to a computer? Are we unable to explain how consciousness arises from matter? Why do you think these things?

Are there "no conflicts or inconsistencies in the perceived reality"? If there were, how would you know?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment