• YIOSTHEOY
    I am guessing that this is where everyone introduces themselves and says hi for the first time.

Hi for the first time!

I follow Hesiod, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, Aquinas, Descartes, Leibniz, and Russell.

The Philosophy God is my shepherd.

Yay though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death I fear nothing.

Cogito ergo sum.

Cogito ergo cognito.

Ita fiat.

• _dbAccepted Answer
    What's up, I've seen you over at the other forum. Welcome to our little garage band - we're still waiting for the moment when we'll hit the front page of Google. 8-)
  • YIOSTHEOY

The other forum limits you to 60 posts per 24 hours. That is maddening. So I gave up over there and came here instead. Good to see you again!
  • BC
    Welcome.
  • YIOSTHEOY
    Looks like lots of new members on the member list just sign up but never post anything.

Wondering if they got lost somehow in the Internet jungle and could not find their way back?
  • Moliere
    My activity varies depending on what's up in life, what I feel like might actually generate a conversation, and whether or not someone has already said what I would more or less say.

But I usually check in daily. I just don't always post.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Welcome to The Philosophy Forum! Have you visited our Facebook page?
    Take a peek if you get a chance! The Philosophy Forum
    Tiff
  • YIOSTHEOY

Nice web page! The brain in the jar is creepy though. That used to belong to a real person.

When I was young nothing creeped me out. I guess I had not yet developed any sense of empathy yet.

Someone even told me that I had not, back when I was about 35 years old.

Since I have become much older now I have really strong feelings and empathy for every living thing, even bugs. So looking at a brain in a jar really creeps me out.

But nice web page anyway.
  • YIOSTHEOY

Interesting looking avatar you have there. It reminds me that according to the psychology literature that everyone has a masculine and a feminine side. Good that you check-in occasionally. I invite you to find my comments and reply. I enjoy dialog with others. I especially enjoy philosophical dialog.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Thank you for your kind words about our Facebook page!
    I am sorry if the "Brain in the Vat" picture spooked you and I do appreciate the feedback, so I can remain in touch with our readers. The picture was referencing The Brain In a Vat philosophy by René Descartes and I hope when you visit again, you will see it a bit different!
    If not, stay tuned because it's always changing, moving forward! 8-)
  • YIOSTHEOY

I do love Descartes. I remember in college Philosophy 101 class that after we cruised through the ancient Greeks and then came upon Descartes that he shattered everybody's self assurance.

I have since come to view Descartes as a genius like Aristotle or Aquinas.

I also love my cat. So I don't appreciate some of Descartes ideas about animals though.

So are you the owner and/or administrator here?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    So are you the owner and/or administrator here?YIOSTHEOY
    Nope, neither. I am just another forum member, one of two e-siblings who are on the self appointed welcoming committee and the curator of The Philosophy Forum Facebook page!
  • S
    Welcome.

You need more than 60 posts per 24 hours?!
  • Hanover
    Maybe he uses the forums like teenage girls use text.
  • S
    Maybe he uses the forums like teenage girls use text.Hanover

thruYIOSTHEOY

Evidence?
  • Deleteduserrc
    u guys r beating up a ghost
    hes gone
  • S
    So it would seem.

A couple of my younger workmates recently told me that I came across as annoyed in a message that I sent because I used "those dots".
  • Deleteduserrc
    "they're called pause pocks..."
  • Bree
    Is there a spot for basic questions? I am no deep philosophical thinker but would like to better understand some basic concepts.
  • Deleteduserrc
    Hey bree, which concepts are you interested in?
  • Bree
    Right now I am reading Locke's A Letter Concerning Toleration
  • S
    You can create a new discussion and put it in the general philosophy category (or wherever you think is most appropriate).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment