Here are the questions:

1) What is mind?
    2) What is conscious mind?
    3) What is subconscious mind?
    4) What is brain for?
    5) What do we experience?
    6) How do we act?

Here are my answer:

1) Essence of any being with ability to experience, decide and create.
    2) Mind.
    3) Brain.
    4) Brain processes information and provides input for experience.
    5) Mind experiences physical state which is the result of brain process.
    6) Mind creates brain state which this is processed by brain and leads to act.

Your thoughts? You are welcome to add question.
  • Rich
    1) It is what is peering out through the eyes, learning, experimenting, creating and evolving.

2) It is what we experience when we are awake.

3) Unconscious mind it's the experience of sleeping between dreams and awake. There remains an unused to awake. Subconscious is somewhere in between.

4) The communication network center that transmits and receives between other minds and other things (sharing).

5) Forms and qualia as vibrations.

6) We act based upon a virtual goal.

I am not a dualist. Mind and matter are the same operating in different directions. Matter is decaying mind as opposed to organizing mind.
  • bahman
    1) It is what is peering out through the eyes, learning, experimenting, creating and evolving.Rich

I agree.

2) It is what we experience when we are awake.Rich

We experience two things. Inside and outside.

3) Unconscious mind it's the experience of sleeping between dreams and awake.Rich

I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

There remains an unused to awake.Rich

Subconscious is somewhere in between.Rich

Yes, if you believe in unconscious mind.

4) The communication network center that transmits and receives between other minds and other things (sharing).Rich

It is creative too. Sometimes solution to a problem pops up from subconscious mind into conscious mind.

5) Forms and qualia as vibrations.Rich

That what I called matter state. The matter has a property to create it.

6) We act based upon a virtual goal.Rich

Yes. You can affect reality. We create virtual goal and follow it. We create a causal chain when we decide.

I am not a dualist. Mind and matter are the same operating in different directions.Rich

Matter is decaying mind as opposed to organizing mind.Rich

So we have two minds?
  • Rich
    We experience two things. Inside and outside.bahman

Yes we feel the demarcation though microscopically it dissipates. Whole meditating, this delineation may disappear.

3) Unconscious mind it's the experience of sleeping between dreams and awake.
    — Rich

bahman

It is essentially nothingness, but there is still an impulse that causes awakening from the sleep.

It is creative too. Sometimes solution to a problem pops up from subconscious mind into conscious mind.bahman

Since the brain is alive, one can certainly say that it is creative in its own way, e.g. when it is healing itself.
    Matter is decaying mind as opposed to organizing mind.
    — Rich

So we have two minds?
    bahman

One way to imagine it is with an analogy to the ocean. The ocean had waves. The waves have the ocean. They are different and the same. There are waves, within waves within waves right down to the quantum level, and maybe even deeper.
  • bahman
    Yes we feel the demarcation though microscopically it dissipates. Whole mediating, this delineation may disappear.Rich

Mater should have an essence otherwise we have to accept the fact that it is illusion, therefore it needs a sustainer, so called God.

It is essentially nothingness, but there is still an impulse that causes awakening from the sleep.Rich

So you believe that matter is an illusion therefore there is a sustainer?
  • Rich
    Mater should have an essence otherwise we have to accept the fact that it is illusion, therefore it needs a sustainer, so called God.bahman

Matter is energy which is non-substantive but we still feel something. It is like steam that condenses to b water that condenses to ice. Insubstantiality moving toward substantially.

So you believe that matter is an illusion therefore there is a sustainer?bahman

Not at all. It is real and is exactly as we feel it.

To best explore life one should develop all senses but most especially that of feeling.
  • bahman
    Matter is energy which is non-substantive but we still feel something. It is like steam that condenses to b water that condenses to ice. Insubstantiality moving toward substantially.

So you believe that matter is an illusion therefore there is a sustainer?
    — bahman

Not at all. It is real and is exactly as we feel it.
    Rich

So matter has an essence?
  • Rich
    So matter has an essence?bahman

As an wave in an ocean. Differences and similarities.
  • bahman
    As an wave in an ocean. Differences and similarities.Rich

Ocean is the matter and wave is forms. Matter has an essence. Things that we experience cannot comes from nothing, I mean the end of matter when you cannot focus more.
  • Rich
    Things that we experience cannot comes from nothing, I mean the end of matter when you cannot focus more.bahman

What do you think is the essence of quantum waves?
  • bahman
    What do you think is the essence of quantum waves?Rich

It is essence of matter. It is something. Otherwise we are dealing with an illusion and what we experience is generate by the essence who is the sustainer. There is no other way around.
  • Rich
    It is essence of matterbahman

Yes, it is mind vibrating.
  • Marchesk
    Yes, it mind vibrating.Rich

So the universe is made of vibrating mind instead of those tiny higher dimensional strings of energy?
  • bahman
    Yes, it mind vibrating.Rich

Good. What about inside? We can affect the reality. Is there an essence inside too?
  • Rich
    So the universe is made of vibrating mind instead of those tiny higher dimensional strings of energy?Marchesk

One and the same.
  • Rich
    Good. What about inside? We can affect the reality. Is there an essence inside too?bahman

What is inside mind? Take a look and tell me what you find. I think you might find it is endless in possibilities.
  • bahman
    What is inside mind?Rich

Everything is outside to mind.

Take a look and tell Mr what you find.Rich

I am talking about inside. You realm which your thoughts and feeling happen within. We can change reality. Therefore there is an essence inside too. Something which can affects reality. Nothing cannot affect reality.
  • bahman
    One and the same.Rich

So we are illusions created by the mind tricking ourselves.
  • Rich
    So we are illusions created by the mind tricking ourselves.bahman

No, it is exactly as we experience it. No illusions.
  • Rich
    I am talking about inside. You realm which your thoughts and feeling happen within. We can change realitybahman

You mean like dreams, ideas, possible actions?
    Therefore there is an essence inside too. Something which can affects reality. Nothing cannot affect reality.bahman

It's not nothing. It's Mind.

Try an experiment. Think about picking up something and then pick it up. That is what the Mind can do - waves of mind
  • bahman
    No, it is exactly as we experience it. No illusions.Rich

So we are different and there are minds as many as people?
  • bahman
    You mean like dreams, ideas, possible actions?Rich

Yes.

It's not nothing. It's Mind.

Try an experiment. Think about picking up something and then pick it up. That is what the Mind can do - waves of mind
    Rich

So you believe that you have a mind? Why you are not dualist then?
  • Rich
    So you believe that you have a mind? What you are not dualist then?bahman

We are mind.
  • bahman
    We are mind.Rich

Isn't that right to say that we are minds? Why you use singulaur mind?
  • Rich
    Is the ocean many waves or are many waves the ocean? It is all the same.
  • SteveKlinko
    bahman
    1) What is mind? The Inter Mind Model distinguishes between the Physical Mind and the Conscious Mind and proposes that there must be another processing stage that connects them together. This connecting and processing stage is called the Inter Mind.

2) What is conscious mind? The Conscious Mind is the final processing stage where Conscious phenomenon like the experience of the color Red happens.

3) What is subconscious mind? It is background processing in the Physical Mind, I'll let the Psychologists explain that one.

4) What is brain for? The Brain, or the Physical Mind, is the front end processing for sensory perception.

5) What do we experience? We experience our own inner Conscious phenomenon usually called the Qualia. I like to call the Light Qualia, Conscious Light, because it is more descriptive. The important distinction here is that we have never experienced Physical Light but only our internal Conscious Light. We think the Conscious Light is the Physical Light only because it is all we have ever known about Physical Light.

6) How do we act? The Conscious Mind has to have a Volitional input capability back through the Inter Mind to the Physical Mind in order for action to happen.
  • bahman
    1) What is mind? The Inter Mind Model distinguishes between the Physical Mind and the Conscious Mind and proposes that there must be another processing stage that connects them together. This connecting and processing stage is called the Inter Mind.SteveKlinko

Interesting, Inter Mind Model.

2) What is conscious mind? The Conscious Mind is the final processing stage where Conscious phenomenon like the experience of the color Red happens.SteveKlinko

It does more than experience in my opinion. It decides and acts too.

3) What is subconscious mind? It is background processing in the Physical Mind, I'll let the Psychologists explain that one.SteveKlinko

Ok.

4) What is brain for? The Brain, or the Physical Mind, is the front end processing for sensory perception.SteveKlinko

Ok.

5) What do we experience? We experience our own inner Conscious phenomenon usually called the Qualia. I like to call the Light Qualia, Conscious Light, because it is more descriptive. The important distinction here is that we have never experienced Physical Light but only our internal Conscious Light. We think the Conscious Light is the Physical Light only because it is all we have ever known about Physical Light.SteveKlinko

Is Qualia generated by brain?

6) How do we act? The Conscious Mind has to have a Volitional input capability back through the Inter Mind to the Physical Mind in order for action to happen.SteveKlinko

Good.
  • SteveKlinko
    Is Qualia generated by brain?
    The Inter Mind is the connection between the Physical Mind (Brain) and the Conscious Mind. The Inter Mind is a translator. I think the Physical Mind can only do Neural Activity things. The Inter Mind is in contact with the Physical Mind and translates the Neural Activity into something that the Conscious Mind can use, like Qualia. The Conscious Mind is a further processing stage that uses the Qualia as input data. Qualia is just another type of Data.
  • bahman
    Is Qualia generated by brain?SteveKlinko

I believe so. It is simply subconscious mind providing stuff for conscious mind.

The Inter Mind is the connection between the Physical Mind (Brain) and the Conscious Mind. The Inter Mind is a translator. I think the Physical Mind can only do Neural Activity things. The Inter Mind is in contact with the Physical Mind and translates the Neural Activity into something that the Conscious Mind can use, like Qualia. The Conscious Mind is a further processing stage that uses the Qualia as input data. Qualia is just another type of Data.SteveKlinko

Is Inter Mind conscious? If yes then we should be aware of it. Otherwise I call it subconscious mind. We might have several subconscious mind.
  • SteveKlinko
    Is Inter Mind Conscious?
    I think only the Conscious Mind is Conscious. The Physical Mind and the Inter Mind are front end and intermediate processing stages. The only thing we know is what we experience in our Conscious Minds.
  • bahman
    Is Inter Mind Conscious?
    I think only the Conscious Mind is Conscious. The Physical Mind and the Inter Mind are front end and intermediate processing stages. The only thing we know is what we experience in our Conscious Minds.
    SteveKlinko

So you could consider them as subconscious mind. Unless you have a reason to distinguish them from each other.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.