• T Clark
    Svínafellsjökull behind Hotel Skaftafel photo by: Sean ParkerArguingWAristotleTiff

I went and visited on Google Earth. It's a pretty forbidding place. The photo is beautiful. Did you visit?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I love photography both amateur and professional but this man, Sean Parker, takes some of the most amazing pictures of where he goes and also offers small groups to take up there to photograph as well. He says it's a magical place, I can only imagine and go with him in my dreams~
  • T Clark
    Between TheMadFool's white peacock and TimeLine's magpie, I realized I have not included any birds. I love loud, raucous, aggressive birds. I have modeled my philosophical demeanor on them. All pictures from the web.

Crow in a tree. Here's what Bob Frost says:

The way a crow shook down on me
    A dust of snow from a hemlock tree
    Has given my heart a change of mood
    And saved some part of a day I had rued.

Yes, I know it's not a hemlock tree.

black-crows-bird-tree-branch-snow-winter.jpg

I remember watching a blue jay swooping and attacking squirrels. I don't know why it was doing it.

8eaa8322b8fcd43f4597399309aadbdf--hawks-birds.jpg

I also remember a mockingbird driving a cat crazy by imitating a cat call. It looked like she was just doing it for fun.

019-e1397928056723.jpg
  • Sir2u
    As someone already posted a train, I will too. This one has very special meaning for me though, it was named after my great grand father.
    BARBER-back-3-DH.jpg
  • Cavacava

Choo-Choo 2u?
  • Sunshine Sami

Apologies for delayed reply. By framed I mean we perceive beauty as some thing within borders, and by that therefore composed. In other words, we compose a thing of beauty. Some thing seen or heard is plain enough to have borders. I guess a smell might be more challenging, yet the same principle applies. A particular smell of beauty is composed within our brain by filtering out the other smells. Within our brain, we are composing beauty. We convert the chaos of signals received by our brain through composition into beauty. Artists simply (or not so simply) externalize this composing process.
  • TimeLine
    Can you explain how that happened?
  • Sir2u

He was the big boss in the coal gas company it was made for, so the named it after him. I only found out about it just before my dad died so there is not much I know about it except what is on line. When I get rich I might go take a ride on it.
  • Noble Dust
    For some reason the title of this thread always makes me think of Michael Bolton's chorus on this song...sorry...

• TimeLine
    He was the big boss in the coal gas company it was made for, so the named it after him. I only found out about it just before my dad died so there is not much I know about it except what is on line. When I get rich I might go take a ride on it.Sir2u

Do you know much else about him, about the coal gas company itself, his role, influence or was everything thrown on you when your father was unwell? And why do you need to be rich?
  • T Clark
    For some reason the title of this thread always makes me think of Michael Bolton's chorus on this song...sorry...Noble Dust

Don't make me come down there. Do not mention that name in relation to this discussion!! I showed you my orange rug!!!
  • Sir2u
    Do you know much else about him, about the coal gas company itself, his role, influence or was everything thrown on you when your father was unwell?TimeLine

A distant cousin of my fathers has dug up most of the family history as far back as about 1700. He has a local Yorkshire bigwig and politician. He was even the mayor in the city for a while.

There is more about the machine here http://www.south-tynedale-railway.org.uk/locomotives-stock/

And why do you need to be rich?TimeLine

Traveling is expensive and I do not want to go back to England without having plenty of money to spend. That probably means I will never get to see it.
  • TimeLine
    I went wedding dress shopping with my friend yesterday (who is getting married) and she asked me to try on a dress I really liked because she thinks that she will lose enough weight over the coming months to be my size. I am not often gobsmacked, but I thought the dress was incredibly beautiful.

5._jpb637-dottie-web_1.jpg
  • Sir2u
    Don't make me come down there. I showed you my orange rug!!!T Clark

Is it a magic flying rug? I want a ride too.
  • Sir2u
    Is that you you wearing it?
  • TimeLine
    Nope. Beautiful dress thought, right?
  • Noble Dust

But this forum is full of so many "incredible thoughts"...
  • T Clark
    Is that you you wearing it?Sir2u

It is well known that TimeLine looks exactly like Hermione Granger when she was 11.
  • T Clark
    Nope. Beautiful dress thought, right?TimeLine

You are so coy.
  • Sir2u
    Maybe I can wait a few more years then. X-)
  • T Clark
    Is that you you wearing it? — Sir2u
    It is well known that TimeLine looks exactly like Hermione Granger when she was 11.
    T Clark

Hermione2-667x370.png
  • Sir2u
    But she did turn out alright didn't she?
  • TimeLine
    I still have the exact same look.
  • Sir2u
    I still have the exact same look.TimeLine

Bewitching?
  • T Clark
    I still have the exact same look.TimeLine

Those are the eyes I see whenever you loose your wrath on me.
  • TimeLine
    Those are the eyes I see whenever you loose your wrath on me.T Clark

Correct approach.
  • TimeLine
    My dream home; a little cottage with a yellow door.

e59bd5120eb3cf479458a141508da32e--yellow-cottage-yellow-front-doors.jpg

And a little backyard greenhouse where I can grow flowers. Gosh, I hate being poor.

5866907a156862c304c20d999470d13f--backyard-greenhouse-greenhouse-ideas.jpg
  • Sir2u
    Gosh, I hate being poor.TimeLine

Do not worry, you are in the very best of company.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment