• bahman

I agree with what you stated. The question however is whether we can do opposite of what God reveals?
  • TheMadFool
    The question however is whether we can do opposite of what God reveals?bahman

Free will is the difference between won't and can't. You won't do the opposite but it doesn't mean you can't do the opposite.
  • Dzung
    and decide oppositebahman
    are you assuming ample of autonomy or free will?
    why would you choose to go right or left in your daily routes? what would happen if you now reverse all?
    That's so you can think about the consequences of absolute free will.
  • charleton
    Well, cannot be communicated to, at least.
    (Which incidentally would make prayer futile.)

More pertinently, cannot be a mind.
    Minds are not inert, inactive, quite the opposite.
    jorndoe

If there is no time for god, then he cannot exist in time, and therefore does not exist.
  • bahman
    Free will is the difference between won't and can't.TheMadFool

Are you trying to define free will?

You won't do the opposite but it doesn't mean you can't do the opposite.TheMadFool

I perhaps would not but I can.
  • bahman
    are you assuming ample of autonomy or free will?Dzung

I am talking about free will.

why would you choose to go right or left in your daily routes? what would happen if you now reverse all?
    That's so you can think about the consequences of absolute free will.
    Dzung

I most of the time choose between right and left whether they have advantage for me. I can also do things which brings disadvantage to me.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.