• BC
    Do they not have pronouns in Spanish then?JJJJS

Spanish is more "inflected" than English, meaning words change more, depending on present tense, past tense; first person ("I"), third person ("you") etc. Hablar means "to speak". Hablo means "I speak". Hablo Español means "I speak Spanish". Hablamos español means "we speak Spanish.

Hablo I speak
    Hablas You speak
    Hablamos We speak

Sometimes pronouns are used, sometimes not. I, you, it, we = Yo, tú, eso, nosotros. Spanish has a familiar and formal pronoun. Tú is familiar "you"; (singular) and vosotros is familiar plural you. Usted is singular formal you, ustedes is plural formal you.

Usted es muy Inteligente, You are very intelligent.
  • Sir2u
    I am wondering what language is used in Honduras and how you learned the language.
    We speak Spanish here.
    I learned the hard way, by being forced to learn so that I could work. I got dropped into a heavy duty truck workshop fixing Mack trucks and either learned or starved.

I started by learning the names of things and some of the most common verbs, then I started to string them together. Oh life was fun back then. One thing I found out is that people here do the same as people in other parts of the world, they use a lot of juicy words. It is quite common for people to say things like "pass me that shit" "push that son a a bitch". That made life a bit easier as bad words are much easier to remember.
    I found a great book that really helped me a lot.
    Madrigals Magic key to Spanish.

I still have a copy sat on the shelf.

Where are you living?
  • TimeLine
    I had the same experience with two other languages I was exposed to. Turkish and Arabic. When I started to study Turkish on my own, I also had the chance to practice it in real life, so it was fast and easy (even though almost all of it is gone now). I haven't had the chance to practice Arabic and so learning was far more slow and hard.Πετροκότσυφας

Dang it, I have been trying to translate a Sezen Aksu song for ages to no avail; we could have worked on it together until you decided to forget everything. I sang that song as a way to practice the language and I can understand the lyrics and it is amazing, but to decode the meaning into English is seriously difficult and my writing and reading comprehension is terrible. I studied Turkish at Uni as a minor years back when I was studying polsci. Good on you though for taking an independent route to learning.
  • JJJJS
    not far from Honduras
  • Sir2u
    Welcome to paradise then.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url