• Shiwaaz
    There is a pre-print paper available here. It states that there are cognitive limitation where humans cannot interact with more than two digits/objects simultaneously. It also explains what will happen if humans have capacity to interact with three or more numbers/objects simultaneously. In this paper some important predictions are made in the field of Mathematics, Philosophy etc
  • TimeLine
    I am finding it hard to believe that any algorithm exists that would defy observability measures and I assume that you are speaking of linear time-invariants? Are you able to offer any explanation as to how mathematical inconsistencies appear because of limitations imposed observability orders as per the paper? It seems to me that no explanation is offered at all, other than removing observability entirely. That would make a dynamical system rather odd, no?
  • Galuchat

Upon limited reflection, I am inclined to think of the human mind as more closely resembling an analog (i.e., continuously recording), as opposed to binary (i.e., discreetly sampling), data processor.

At a very reduced level of cognition, the human mind may process semantic data in binary fashion (i.e., true/false, or yes/no).

Isn't the binary limitation of current computer processing why quantum processing is desired?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.