• Wosret
    Epic story time, having attained a new level. There I was, in the kitchen -- I don't remember why, it isn't important -- having not slept for many moons (or suns, for me), I became aware that I was shaking nearly imperceptibly, and following that I became aware that I was like -- difficult to describe -- tensed up, holding on for dear life kind of thing, and then I released it, relaxed it, and it was fabulous. Boom, instant better connection to the ground (which is a little hard to maintain, as if you lose too much of a connection with the opposite leg, you risk hurting yourself bad by forcing too much weight from the one leg only, so that you're likely to tense up, shift posture, and most significantly, rotate the spine in the three major places, the lower back middle back and neck. This causes a twisting of the spine, and the obstruction of circulation, the compromising of joints, the awkward rotation of joints, using the tension of the tendons rather than the muscles to hold weight be hinging it off of joints. Causing imbalance, constant stress and inflammation, and stiffness.

The last three songs I posted, the underling theme remains the same as always. The green day one minority "one light one mind, flashing in the dark, blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts. For crying out loud, she screamed out to me, a free for all. fuck 'em all, you and your own sight".

The line in shipwreck by ubiquitous synergy seekers. "Detect, a virus turning everything to numb", and in the other green day song "brain stew" (which I couldn't help but notice the song "I'll sleep when I'm dead" by set it off has pretty damn similar content, though it may not indicate plagiarism... maybe just similar experiences, I think that it's pretty easy to end up saying or knowing the same thing as someone else when it is actually a thing, without having stolen it from them, or made it up yourself), has the line "my crooked spine, my senses dulled".

You know, I may be a lunatic, but I genuinely believe that I'm doing it, and on a pretty good schedule too, if I have at least to 36 to get there.

So, it's like one more thing I gotta do. Align, maintain flow, relax tension. Align, maintain flow, relax tension. Gotta not try so hard, gotta let go. Muahahahahaha, my special arcane knowledges.

It's so weird, I don't know what this really means, what I'll end up like at the end of the road, or will do, or whatever -- but it feels good, keeps my feeling special, and moderately functional, and the near complete absence of anxiety already is worth more than all the gold.
  • Aurora
    I don't know what this really meansWosret

I don't think I do, either. But, I enjoyed reading your post :)
  • Wosret

The wise will understand.
  • Akanthinos
    I have this creeping feeling that I just ain't wise. :s
  • Wosret
    Not meant as an aside, it's quoting the Buddha. Also why I continually reference material which alludes to it, so if I'm not entirely insane, those quotes above are meant to illustrate that if talking about the same things, they'd get it. See?

So, not only a quote, but I think true also, no disrespect.
  • Buxtebuddha
    I have this creeping feeling that I just ain't wise.Akanthinos

Truer words have never been typed.
  • Akanthinos
    Truer words have never been typed.Buxtebuddha

So I am wise!
    Yeah!
    :-#
  • Punshhh
    Are you practicing Yoga?
  • Wosret

I do and have done so for about six years.
  • MysticMonist
    line in shipwreck by ubiquitous synergy seekersWosret

One enters "The Valley of Unity and drinketh from the cup of the Absolute, and gazeth on the Manifestations of Oneness. In this station he pierceth the veils of plurality, fleeth from the worlds of the flesh, and ascendeth into the heaven of singleness. With the ear of God he heareth, with the eye of God he beholdeth the mysteries of divine creation. He steppeth into the sanctuary of the Friend, and shareth as an intimate the pavilion of the Loved One. He stretcheth out the hand of truth from the sleeve of the Absolute; he revealeth the secrets of power. He seeth in himself neither name nor fame nor rank, but findeth his own praise in praising God. He beholdeth in his own name the name of God; to him, “all songs are from the King,” and every melody from Him. He sitteth on the throne of “Say, all is from God,” and taketh his rest on the carpet of “There is no power or might but in God.” He looketh on all things with the eye of oneness, and seeth the brilliant rays of the divine sun shining from the dawning-point of Essence alike on all created things, and the lights of singleness reflected over all creation." Baha'u'llah, The Seven Valleys
  • Wosret
    The power to do whatever one wants. Something seemingly so fastastic, yet so heartbreakingly mundane.
  • Punshhh
    I know that feeling. Personally I like to value the mundane and the meek, with a big helping of humility. It makes it easy to avoid inflating the ego etc.
  • Wosret

Bruce Lee said it best, it is difficult to not feel pretty fucking cool all the damn time. It makes you flex more, pose more, and just generally alters and affects behavior not based in sensory experience, but on reflection and judgment. It's to obsess on the finger, and miss the heavenly glory.
  • Punshhh
    Quite, I use the analogy of tying the bull to the post in Zen Bhuddism,

Introductory books on Zen usually contain ten or six drawings called 'Ox-herding Pictures',
    depicting a story of taming an unruly, wild bull. These were drawn by some Zen masters of old,
    notably by Kaku-an and Jitoku of the twelfth century. The bull represents the mind and the
    herdsman who tames the bull is the yogi, the person engaged in meditation.
    It is significant that this simile of the taming of the bull goes back to very ancient times.
    Discussing the import of the expression 'arannagato va rukkhamulagato va sunnagaragato va',
    'gone to a forest or gone to the root of a tree or gone to an empty (quiet) house (room)',
    occurring in the Satipatthana sutta, the Pali commentaries elaborate:
    This bhikku's mind (i.e. the meditator's mind),/which was for a long time scattered among such
    objects as visible forms (rupadisu arammanesu) does not like to enter into the path (street)
    of a subject of meditation (kammatthana-vithi), but runs only into a wrong path like a chariot
    yoked to an untamed (unruly) bull. Just as a herdsman, who desires to break in an untamed calf
    grown up with all the milk it has drunk from the untamed (mother) cow, would remove it from
    the cow, and having fixed a big post on a side would tie the .calf to it with a rope; and then
    that calf of his, struggling this way and that, unable to run away, may sit down or lie down
    close to the post; in the same way, this bhikku (i.e. the meditator), who desires to tame the
    villainous mind grown up as a result of drinking for a long time of the pleasures of
    sense-objects such as visible forms, and having gone to a forest or to the root of a tree or
    an empty house, should tie it to the post of the object of the presence of mindfulness
    (satipatthanarammanatthamba) by the rope of mindfulness (sati-yotta). Then the mind of his,
    even after it has struggled this way and that, not finding the object previously indulged in,
    unable to break the rope of mindfulness and to run away, sits down and lies down close to that
    same object (of mindfulness) by way of neighbourhood concentration and attainment
    concentration (upacarappanavasena).
    Hence the ancients said:
    Just as a man would tie to a post
    A calf that should be tamed,
    Even so here should one tie one's own mind
    Tight to the object of mindfulness.

In this commentarial simile the herdsman fixes a post and ties the calf to it, whereas the
    bull in the Zen pictures is tethered to a tree.
    The two commentaries where this simile occurs are the Pali translations made by Buddhaghosa
    Thera in the fifth century A.C. of the original Sinhala Commentaries which go back to the
    third century B.C. The Ancients (porana), anonymous great masters, referred to in the passage
    quoted above (and in numerous other places in the Pali Commentaries).
  • Wosret

Oh, I like that a lot. I was going to comment yesterday on the what it means for something to be physical thread yesterday that it means that it has visual form. I thought this, because after making the thread, I decided to watch some documentaries on it, but they're so ripe with nonsense. It's such a subtle and complex issue, that it is very difficult for most to have any decent discernment of. So that the documentary I watched did a whole lot of visual form comparison as if it was at all significant. Things about things looking like the penial gland, always having a literal visual vision of the thousand petaled lotus, which also looks like all these other things, and the two snakes coiling around one another to someday meet, if grace allows, also visually being similar in form to all of these other things, so therefore probably being related or something.

The whole idea of platonism is based on the notion that visual perception is less reliable than intuition, insight that goes beyond the visual, or material.

You know, hunting dogs (parents raised them when I was a kid) have to be taught to use their nose, otherwise they'll just look for things. The easiest way is of course for them to have themselves a Guru dog, that does use it's nose, and then continually finds all the hidden goodies right in front of them with ease, while they find nothing.

People even often imagine themselves to be seated right behind the eyes. There is also that Autistic woman that argues that animals cannot abstract, but only ever see specific things of their own past experiences, and not general forms of them, as she only sees and thinks this way.
  • Wosret
    Attempting to open the heart chakra. First one I can't just conquer... bleh. The balancing, and union of contradictions, and oppositions. Sounds like it entails some level of fusion at least, despite it being unbinding, and separation that brings it about... it'll all make sense to me later, I'm sure.
  • Hanover
    I know exactly what this means. You're worried about all sorts of shit you can't control so you're trying to assure yourself that you're doing exactly what you ought to be doing and that you're exactly in the right place and you're using as evidence of this some completely irrelevant things that you're trying to convince yourself are important, but you know deep down they're really not, and this is so not what you want to hear.

It's all self deception to alleviate your sense of hopelessness. It's distressing to me. I can't imagine what it's like to you.
  • Wosret

Lol, hardly deep down. I'd describe it as conflicting ambitions. Yeah so I just want mundane things, good relationships, low stress, and family that I can keep from imploding. Or even more simply than that, clean up more, groom myself more, watch my tone and aggression, go to the damn gym, or somewhere with people.

I'm not exactly on great terms atm for this exact reason.

This is irrelevant though, even if second tier, doesn't mean it isn't happening, that I'm not doing it.
  • andrewk
    Thank you Wosret.

That's just what I needed this morning.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    know exactly what this means. You're worried about all sorts of shit you can't control so you're trying to assure yourself that you're doing exactly what you ought to be doing and that you're exactly in the right place and you're using as evidence of this some completely irrelevant things that you're trying to convince yourself are important, but you know deep down they're really not, and this is so not what you want to hear.

It's all self deception to alleviate your sense of hopelessness. It's distressing to me. I can't imagine what it's like to you.
    Hanover

My best friend is much like Wosret when it comes to the balance of life. She started as a professional massage therapist working for me at the Doctors office and is now at the Four Seasons for the last decade. People who believe in the power of balancing the inner chakras are no different than those who believe they can improve their golf swing with practice. The only difference is that when they experience what Wosret explained it is a much deeper sense of calm than that brief moment that you might get in killing it on the back 9.

My friend who does Reiki also attends clinics with like people to open up their beings to allow feelings and love into their lives. I have spoken to my girlfriend twice after these sessions and she is literally walking on clouds and has a light sense of herself, like nothing she has ever experienced.

Personally? I think that there is a push of Dopamine and other naturally occurring 'feel good' elements in our bodies when you are done with the sessions. I have never had a golf lesson but I cannot imagine it would be nearly as satisfying as a session of yoga and light.
  • Wosret

I live to give.
  • Wosret

You'll never get through the dough to his pea brain. Say she owns planes, then he might believe she's on to something,
  • TimeLine
    Yeah so I just want mundane things, good relationships, low stress, and family that I can keep from imploding.Wosret

That is what everyone wants, but the process or steps that you are taking to reach that goal are actually superficial; your body is not "awakening" but your subconscious is manifesting some curious physiological symptom as a false catalyst to your so-called progress that your studies in yoga calls "Kundalini" when it is not that. It is merely helping you articulate an 'excuse' that spontaneously developed to unconsciously hide a deeper issue; what you may call transcendence could actually be symptomatic of psychosis and your sleep deprivation and physical stress and anxiety only confirm this.

You are exhausted. Sleep is good. Eating healthy. Exercising. Finding a satisfactory job that gives you some meaning. Having friends you can enjoy and interact with and you don't have to be big or have hundreds of people like you. A genuine partner you really love and connect with, not just someone satisfactory. It is about the quality of your life. The worst part about this is that you have a chance to create a better life but you are not taking it.

You end up static, stuck, doing the same thing over and over and it might be satisfying, but is it really living?
  • Wosret

I'm sleeping fine now, that is addressed, and was the catalyst of the OP, that I discovered the cause and overcame it. Holding a bunch of weight in the back of the neck. You know why people like cold war kids are aware of it? Because it feels a hell of a lot different having a million in the bank rather than ten bucks. It's relieving, when one had worries about such things they were constantly carrying before. Also, the emotional side begins to wake, and become more involved, because you live doesn't suck now. Why people turn to stimulants, because it wakes you up forcibly to some degree, by is an abuse that leads to numbness and damage with time.

Cold war kids draw a distinction between the two as fear, and love, something like that. "When my heart won't break, when my knees won't shake." Also, "I'm self absorbed and you're superficial", though many interpret it as ego and soul, or self and god, or whatever.

Frankly you guys just don't know what you're talking about. You guys spend more time on here doing fuck all than I do.
  • Wosret
    Using my "I'll show them" resentment power, I really tried hard today. The heart chakra, the chest, the thumb, the ball of the foot. Because it is the strongest, largest, and fastest muscle group, it both takes the longest to heat up, and get involved. Like goddamned shiva, with my fifty arms flipping switches in there, what we tend to do is hinge off of it the most, you see the big visible tendons, and the way people are continually locking their thumb joints when they grab or tare at things with jerking and contortion.

Gotta have equal and opposing force through both balls of the feet, importantly beginning to ground with the outside heel, then to the ball, then twist the innerds outward without actually moving the feet or pointing them outwards (this is why people's feet go more and more outwards and their legs collapse, also indicative of lots of tension and weight being held in the butt. Doing a lot of sitting down while you rest. You shouldn't cool down in weird positions, it'll stick. That's why corpse pose is the most important yoga one.) Running the weight along the smaller toes, and then back up the inside of the legs. If you just go from outside heel to big toe, then you likely favor the heart, and I hate you. You beautiful thin fuckers. It's a snake eating its own tail though, so energy cannot escape, it must circulate. Think of the way fighters are taught to turn their feet, rolling over the smaller toes. This is to ground them, fulling the upper body down, if you neglect them, torso will lengthen, legs shorten.

Also super important, like super duper important, never fucking flex or tense up when lifting, or moving. The only tension is in the feet and hands. Everywhere else you're working to release it. Release it here, release it there, and release it every where.

This group pulls you towards the center line, hooking at the major joints somehow. Major noticing points being the elbows and the knees. Pulling the elbows inwards towards the solar plexus, and pulling the knees together. Using the tension of the group rather than a proper hand off and lift from the smaller groups will lengthen the group, stretching it, and rarely if ever contracting it.

As I said before though, all of the alignment and tinkering in the world won't get this job done, as I can only move parts, and not the whole. Needs to infuse the homunculus with soul.
  • Hanover
    With all due respect, what the fuck are you talking about? I ask because I want to be a part of the convo, but I'm not sure if you're talking about kicking footballs, doing an Irish jig, or you're training to be a ninja.
  • Wosret

Just training to be unsurpassable, that's all.
  • Hanover
    No one's trying to pass you I don't think. If I wanted to, though, I could crush your spirit and leave you helpless with the bat of an eye (yes, I can bat a single eye in complete badassery).

You may have built your body and the sacred balls of your frozen canuck feet, but your spirit is weak and exposed, ripe for destruction.
  • Wosret

Bring it, son.
  • Baden

(My bets are on you and the power of Kundalini).
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.