• Baden

I'm not saying you should. It depends on the context of each situation. But I relish the swarm and the fact that rapists like HW may actually be brought to justice now. And you can't have it both ways. If you want to see that happen, there has to be some kind of a "swarm" to create an environment in which women feel comfortable in speaking out. What everyone should be mostly concerned with here is that they haven't for so long not the fact that suddenly they have but a few minor transgressors or innocents have been caught up in it. It's a simple matter of moral priorities as far as I'm concerned.
  • charleton
    That someone committed suicide doesn't suddenly make them the victim of an injustice.Baden

And yet he did not have the benefit of natural justice.
    He was suspended from the party on an accusation and did not even know the name of his accusers.

This is contrary to basic justice, and there is all too much of it in the Labour party whose right wing is desperate to suppress the rise of the left. Iain McNichol the chair of the NEC has suspended thousands of party members and they wait, some for over a year to have their case heard.
    There is a witch hunt against the followers of Corbyn.
  • charleton
    I cannot accept justice by allegation regardless of the situation or the "scum" involved. "... all allegations must be examined and pursued..." Corbyn is right.Cavacava

Do you accept innocent until proven guilty? Then why the sacking?
    Do you accept that a person has a right to know the details of the accusation and the names of their accusers? Because he was not informed buy summarily sacked from post and suspended from the party.
  • charleton
    Was this man someone who exerted some influence over the women's' careers and they felt they couldn't leave without jeopardizing their careers, ?Hanover

Is there evidence of this?
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.

More Discussions