• Wosret

You called me that once, I had to look it up.
  • Baden

I can only hope that I have added to your store of wisdom, good sir.

There is a record of all changes in fact although due to the software posters are not automatically notified, so it's understandably difficult to track what's happening re moderation for those who don't have access to that. Your post in any case is well expressed and certainly food for thought.
  • Wosret

I felt like:

• Baden
    Perhaps it's easier to agree on the sort of behavior that belongs in a community like ours, than it is to agree on the sort of subject matter, or the sort of point of view, that belongs in a community like ours?Cabbage Farmer

I agree that balancing how much free speech to allow while maintaining the character and integrity of the site is probably the biggest challenge here and one that posters on either side of the issue tend to get more animated about than general behavioural moderation.
  • S
    Not when he admitted its double meaning, which means it could have been read as an ad hominem.Thorongil

Well, I can't speak for Michael, but I always express my bitter sarcasm lightheartedly.
  • Thorongil
    Not sure where to post this, but I wanted to express my disapproval at TL becoming a mod, for whatever it's worth (which is likely nothing, I'm aware). I'm frankly shocked and would like an explanation, though I doubt the one I receive will consist of anything other than patronizing hand-wringing over my lodging this complaint.

She doesn't deserve being a mod, as she possesses even less fair-mindedness, civility, moral consistency, and knowledge of and willingness to engagement with actual philosophical topics than the present mod team. I discovered that in my recent interactions with her. She has great intolerance of those she disagrees with on social and political issues and mostly spends her time flirting with Hanover while haunting the Shoutbox. Why those attributes made someone think, "she'd make a great mod," is beyond me.
  • Agustino
    Why those attributes made someone think, "she'd make a great mod," is beyond me.Thorongil
    You forget an important one: she dislikes Agustino. First Hanover is made a mod, and now TimeLine. It's evident, if you want to become the next mod, you must express your hatred of Agustino publicly and vehemently >:O

And I agree with the rest of the post.
  • unenlightened
    if you want to become the next mod, you must express your hatred of Agustino publicly and vehemently >:OAgustino

They're just trying to replace the loss of yours truly. Inevitably this needs at least two of your normal assholes.
  • Agustino
    They're just trying to replace the loss of yours truly. Inevitably this needs at least two of your normal assholes.unenlightened
    Well yeah, I have to say, I certainly felt safer with you there, at least you could be reasoned with. Though you do have a peculiar tendency to stop replying or not carry discussions through when you disagree.
  • Agustino
    Though you do have a peculiar tendency to stop replying or not carry discussions through when you disagree.Agustino
    No comment.unenlightened
    Does that mean you disagree? >:O
  • unenlightened
    Does that mean you disagree?Agustino

No, it's an explanation of why I do it. Discussions have to end, and most people like to have the last word. So rather than continue with endless nonsense, I stop. Except when I am very bored, and feel like indulging your desperate attention-seeking. Like now.
  • Agustino
    Discussions have to end, and most people like to have the last word. So rather than continue with endless nonsense, I stop. Except when I am very bored, and feel like indulging your desperate attention-seeking. Like now.unenlightened
    Yah, but it's kinda boring if they end, don't you think? >:)
  • unenlightened
    No, it's boring if they don't.
1678910Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal