• szardosszemagad
    Does that help at all?MysticMonist

A little. I basically can't be too concerned about all this, since I'm an atheist. I can't even remember now how I was pulled into this thread.

But YOU seem to be having a ball, which is important. I wish you continued success with researching Judaism and its ancient roots.
  • MountainDwarf
    If the LORD of Israel is the one, true God that has chosen Israel, then what about a devout Pure Land Buddhist who prays to Amidah Buddha?MysticMonist

I don't know. :)

The intention is to pray and worship the real God of reality.MysticMonist

(Y) That's about right.
  • TimeLine
    I think you and I come from different places. I have lived my life in fear of what people think of me. To me, the feeling of responsibility is cold and bitter, and it feels good. Maybe the best thing I've ever felt.T Clark

We interpret the external world through the language of our desires and emotions as well as our social and environmental influences, but in the end we are articulating a narrative from an internal structure and without honest self-reflection, without taking care to favour reason and seek knowledge, what are we but slaves to a futile display? What one ends up feeling is the success or failure to this display, this identity formed in parallel to what is expected that is either congratulated or shunned. Where do you come in? Indeed, our interactions enable us to differentiate and progress, but it should not be the foundation for our motivations.

And it is not telegraphic, it is melodramatic with a hint of condescension.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.