• blackpegasus
    Back in the days the classic lifestyle was to have a man, a woman and many children in one house with a dog. The salary of the man( lets say a police officer) was enough to take care of his family, without her wife to work. That was the best lifestyle at the time, for a human to be happy.

What about in 2017? The economy itself changed so earning enough for a whole big family is really hard. Women are not tied to opressing traditional lifestyles anymore. Relationships arent the traditional ones either.

What is the best way to live in 2017? What job? what kind of relationship? What kind of life is the best to be happy today? The more details the better, in your comments
  • Banno
    Start by not asking other folk how you might live.
  • T Clark
    That was the best lifestyle at the time, for a human to be happy.blackpegasus

No, it was just a common way of life in the culture in which I, and apparently you, happen to live.

Women are not tied to opressing traditional lifestyles anymore.blackpegasus

Men's "traditional lifestyles" were equally oppressive.

What is the best way to live in 2017? What job? what kind of relationship? What kind of life is the best to be happy today? The more details the better, in your commentsblackpegasus

The way of life most likely to make people happy is the same as it ever was - be fearless and open your heart.
  • T Clark
    Start by not asking other folk how you might live.Banno

Blackpegasus was asking a reasonable question about the way to live a good life. Plato did that. Sorry, BP, I don't think you are the next Plato. Which is ok. I'm not a big fan of Plato. Kind of a stiff.
  • Banno
    Blackpegasus was asking a reasonable question about the way to live a good life.T Clark
    Indeed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.