• Victoribus Spolia
    What makes a course of events unnatural? Is doing it on a mattress unnatural?unenlightened

I did get a chuckle over this, but I am referring to ordinary natural events pertaining to conception. That is, if I blow a load in my wife's vagina when she is fertile, the natural course of events is conception. Given this a logical syllogism I must control for what might be called "empirical anomalies," so the natural course of events under the conditions I mentioned are conception; whereas, "all things being equal" controls for hypothetical deviations that could still be considered a "natural course of events" such as spontaneous abortion or miscarriage, fungal infections that would prevent conception, et. al.

That is all....I do prefer doing it in the woods though....That would be all-natural right?
  • Baden
    This discussion is now closed for being ridiculous, first and foremost, and also for being the product of a racist crank who has now been banned.

Some quotes from his website (which I won't advertise here but if anyone is really interested, I will PM you the links).

"We Are The Alternative Right: thus, we support the resurgent ethnonationalism and anti-egalitarian patriarchal views coming to increasing prominence in both Europe and America and are increasingly aware of the identity of those groups which seek the degradation and genocide of our people."

"Calvinism and Nationalism are back, but they are never more powerful than when they are together (Think the Old Confederacy or Pre-Mandela South Africa)."

"We either out-right reject or sharply criticize the status quo understanding of events ranging from the Salem witch trials to the Jewish holocaust"

"HOWEVER, this exception notwithstanding, interracial marriage is always consciously “disloyal” and “unhealthy.”"
  • S
    (though he stole the idea from me :) )Baden

:P

It doesn't matter in the slightest what counts as anything legally speaking - ethically speaking, of course.BlueBanana

The law matters in the context of this discussion, as the question is whether contraception is murder, and the definition of murder which matters most is the legal definition. The law also matters in relation to ethics, because presumably we want our most important laws to conform with our ethics. But if you mean to suggest that the law doesn't matter in the sense that it doesn't determine what is right or wrong, then I agree. I look to my conscience for that.

I treat practical issues as irrelevant to me.BlueBanana

I find that odd.

Wait, he is one of the mods D: no one can help us, the end is upon us!BlueBanana

>:)
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.