• PEU
    It seems like all form of supremacism is actually a large scale manifestation of 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'. It appears that there are only two types of people in the world. One, the people who love everybody and two, the people who love only themselves. The people of the second type create the concept of supremacism as a way to safeguard their core beliefs. If supremacism did actually existed, then there should be a very strong brotherhood between the people of the so-called 'supreme group'. However, evidence is say that this is not the case.

For example, a white racist person should be eternally happy knowing that most of the wealth of the word is concentrated on the hands of the white race. But such a person still laments upon seeing a wealthy men of colour. This is because he wants the money for himself rather than the people of his race. In other words, this means that the said person is only racist because subconsciously he believes that in a white dominated world he would be wealthy by getting the money the men of colour own today.

So we see that the focus is on the individual rather than the ideology of supremacism. Therefore, unless there emerges a group of white supremacist who are not white or black supremacism were not black, the whole idea of supremacism crumbles down.

Please give your valuable opinion on this matter.
  • Rich
    There are all kinds of people who act in all sorts of ways. There as many types as drops in the ocean with enumerable gradations. Economic security is a major motivator for many and how one perceives the causes of their situation does effect the way one perceives other people. For billions of people it is very rough and they will react to their circumstances in a myriad of ways.
  • T Clark
    For example, a white racist person should be eternally happy knowing that most of the wealth of the word is concentrated on the hands of the white race. But such a person still laments upon seeing a wealthy men of colour. This is because he wants the money for himself rather than the people of his race.PEU

Your understanding of human motivation is naïve. Most people who meet your standard as "supremacists" are on the margins of society and don't benefit from whatever advantage you seem to think members of their class have.
  • BC
    There as many types as drops in the ocean with enumerable gradations.Rich

So many different kinds? There are only two kinds of people: Those who think everybody is different (with innumerable gradations) and those who think that everybody is pretty much alike. You belong to the former group, I to the latter group.

Is this what you meant by enumerable - "able to be counted by one-to-one correspondence with the set of all positive integers"? Did you mean "innumerable" or "enumerable"? If I ever knew "enumerable" I'd totally forgotten it. I probably never knew it.
  • BC
    If supremacism did actually existed, then there should be a very strong brotherhood between the people of the so-called 'supreme group'. However, evidence is say that this is not the case.PEU

Hmmm, I don't know about that. Didn't the Nazi's in Germany hang together pretty well? Also the fascists in Japan? The KKK (ku klux klan) is derived from the Greek kuklos or ‘circle’ plus clan. Their fellowship seems to have been pretty solid. Especially now that they are pariahs, they find each other's company even cozier.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.